Troubleshooting new to me Yukon XL 4WD PO codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScotDail

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Folks:

I just aquired an 07 Yukon XL with 123k on the clock. We drove it 250 miles with no issues, now getting a few complications. Wanted some opinions....

PO521 - Engine Oil Sensor. Seen this a few places. Figure I need to replace the oil presssure sensor and clean the screen. Oil pressure is erratic and eventually drops to zero.

PO121 - Throttle Pedal Position. Sounds like I may need to try cleaning the throttle body? This was accompanied by a PO171 and PO174 - lean bank 1 and lean bank 2. Getting a Stabilitrak warning at idle mostly while sitting at stop lights.

Thoughts? Think I am on the right track for starters? Thanks!

BA.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hate to see empty threads.

FWIW - my oil pressure sensor does the same thing. It's erratic. I have a replacement but it's freaking hard to get to the installed unit so I haven't swapped it out yet.

MrAguirrechu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
*I just realized this is a year old but thought I'd give my 2 cents.*
I had the engine oil sensor code and lean bank 1 & 2 along with the check engine light and low engine oil pressure. I replaced the sensor (not fun) and the little filter below it (used a hanger). CEL went away then came back. Now I'm also getting Stabilitrack, and my personal favorite, Service Tire Pressure System (all 4 TPMS sensors are new) at random intervals. I'm leaning toward cleaning the Throttle Body first to see if there's any improvement then changing if not.

2015 Tahoe LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Folks:

I just aquired an 07 Yukon XL with 123k on the clock. We drove it 250 miles with no issues, now getting a few complications. Wanted some opinions....

PO521 - Engine Oil Sensor. Seen this a few places. Figure I need to replace the oil presssure sensor and clean the screen. Oil pressure is erratic and eventually drops to zero.

PO121 - Throttle Pedal Position. Sounds like I may need to try cleaning the throttle body? This was accompanied by a PO171 and PO174 - lean bank 1 and lean bank 2. Getting a Stabilitrak warning at idle mostly while sitting at stop lights.

Thoughts? Think I am on the right track for starters? Thanks!
I had the sensor and filter replaced on my 2007 Yukon and I still kept getting the PO521 code. The PCM is looking for a certain oil pressure range and if it doesn't see it, it will set the code. I only had 2500 miles on my oil when I started seeing this and got the sensor and filter replaced. what made it go away was to change the oil. I also noticed that with the older oil the AFM did not function. Fresh oil happy motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n