New to me 2011 Yukon XL Denali

OP
OP
J

jdwood1111

Reaction score
if you are lucky you can just throw a rebuilt valve body/techm in it and cross your fingers, it's not a super easy fix like the 4l60's are.
not sure what he is working on there but I think you would need to drop the exhaust also
What operations do the valve body and TECHM mostly control? Forgive my ignorance and lack of initial research but figured I would post that while I look it up. I plan on having a trans shop or two take a look and give me their opinion just debating if and when I can tackle the fluid and filter myself or have a shop do it in case of other issues. First is getting my tires dealt with and then we’ll figure out trans or the hoses I need to replace (see my other thread about my trip back from Florida).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What operations do the valve body and TECHM mostly control? Forgive my ignorance and lack of initial research but figured I would post that while I look it up. I plan on having a trans shop or two take a look and give me their opinion just debating if and when I can tackle the fluid and filter myself or have a shop do it in case of other issues. First is getting my tires dealt with and then we’ll figure out trans or the hoses I need to replace (see my other thread about my trip back from Florida).
that's what controls all the fluid pressure and has the actuators in it, the check balls shrink over time and causes issue's. on the older 4l60's you could just drop the pan and have access to the actuators right there, now it's all integrated. It's just speculation, best to have a transmission shop check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yvan