Trouble Code 443

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rwayne

Reaction score
My engine light has been coming on and off for the past 2 weeks and one of my buddies ran the code and it looks like some sort of evap code?!? Anyone had the same issues and had them fixed? Any help, always appreciated!

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"P0443 trouble code symptoms could be just an malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illumination. There may be no drivability problems at all. But, it's also possible to have a lean condition or a rough running engine if the purge valve is stuck open. Usually though, these symptoms are accompanied by other EVAP codes. Another symptom may be excessive pressure in the gas tank in the form of a "whooshing" sound when the cap is removed, indicating a purge valve that isn't working at all or stuck closed."

- http://www.obd-codes.com/p0443

try listening for that when you remove your cap?

Last edited:

joes 00 Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"P0443 trouble code symptoms could be just an malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illumination. There may be no drivability problems at all. But, it's also possible to have a lean condition or a rough running engine if the purge valve is stuck open. Usually though, these symptoms are accompanied by other EVAP codes. Another symptom may be excessive pressure in the gas tank in the form of a "whooshing" sound when the cap is removed, indicating a purge valve that isn't working at all or stuck closed."

try listening for that when you remove your cap?

^^^OBD-Codes.com ???^^^ I had this same problem, it was just my gas cap! Bought a new one @ Auto-Zone for like $13, and haven't had it come back on....this was 2 years ago!!

tahoeswe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DTC P0443
Circuit Description
The evaporative emission (EVAP) purge valve is pulse width modulated (PWM). The powertrain control module (PCM) controls the EVAP purge valve duty cycle by controlling the amount of purge valve ON time. The scan tool displays the amount of ON time as a percentage.

An ignition voltage is supplied directly to the EVAP purge valve. The PCM controls the EVAP purge valve by grounding the control circuit via an internal switch called a driver. The primary function of the driver is to supply the ground for the controlled component. The PCM monitors the status of the driver. If the PCM detects an incorrect voltage for the commanded state of the driver, diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0443 sets

OP
OP
Rwayne

Rwayne

Reaction score
Man I went to get a cap from auto zone today, I didn't like the fact that it wouldn't be attached to the yuk so i'm gonna try and grab one tomorrow or something from the dealership. The one at Autozone was only 8 bucks though, i weigh my options.

OP
OP
Rwayne

Rwayne

Reaction score
Well I went to my neighbors shop a while back to have him test my cap b4 I went to the dealership for the 21dollar cap. It turned out that it was bad so I bought one and had the codes cleared. Well its back on so I guess ill be replacing a purge valve soon. Anyone have any experience with this?

OP
OP
Rwayne

Rwayne

Reaction score
Ok so after months of putting up with the engine light code I'm finally getting the wooshing sound you were talking about blizzard. It doesn't sound good at all so I'm trying to detemine how to do this. My friend says the dealership sells the part but recommends a relocAtion kit. I think the kit is an extra 70 bucks or so.. Anyone dealt with this issue?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukk