Travel mod.....Need help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i did attempt to do the free travel mod on my 2007 Escalade this weekend with out a plasma cutter and boy am i glat i quit while i was ahead. Definitely not as simple as JDM instructions make it seem.

For those of you that have the mod done, can you recommend a good shop in the bay area California to do this for me? Any members on here that have a plasma cutter and have done the mod willing to do this? I would pay ofcorse.

Let me know guys.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I tried to and could not do it at all. Cut into the frame on accident twice. Was not much of a cut, more like two 1" slashes.
The thing is I pretty much built the car from scratch so I actually know how to work on cars but that was just too much.
Now I know why the vendors never mention you will need to do it when they sell drop kits because they know it will take at least 2 hours to do or a lot of money to pay a suspension shop to do.
Can't help you with a shop to do it since Nfamous Air Suspensions in Dallas did mine.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done when I had mine bagged. The shop said it was a ***** to do :Plugged:

OP
OP
anton28

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to Tony from the forum. He is near me and said he will get it done ones his shoulder is healed. Thank Tony.

Nasty GM and MOdded. How do you guys like the mod? Big difference?

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does this mod enable you to do? Modded, what did Nfamous charge you to get it done? I plan on going another inch in the rear to make it 5 and I think its needed when I do that.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Anton it is a big difference. It no longer has a constant bottoming out.
BG it just enables me to gain more suspension travel for the 5" drop. I have had a 5" drop for almost 2 years without it so its not needed but is a lot smoother when done.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha... Thanks.. Cant cutting your bumpstops do the same thing though

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
No BG because at 5" of drop the bracket that holds the bumpstop is close enough to bottom out, talk less of the actual bumpstop.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a pain in the ass to do. If you were any where near me I'd offer to do it.

Here is how my girls tahoe turned out. I am super happy with the outcome.

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432