Transmission Slipping, searching for gear 16k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess final update: I've decided to trade the car in. I can't own a vehicle with such questionable reliability. GM corporate didn't/wouldn't do the one thing I asked for, which was to provide me with a loaner or rental while they figured out my truck, that's all. They said I should drop it off, rent my own car, and submit for reimbursement, making sure to tell me that it wasn't guaranteed. That's just plain unacceptable to me. It isn't about the money, rental cars are super cheap right now, it's the principle.

The 2 dealerships here refused me a loaner when I called and asked before I went, so that was that.

I'm getting something else, I don't think I'll ever own another GM product.

0% APR over at Lexus right now due to covid if anyone is interested.
I'd give serious consideration to trading your Tahoe for another Tahoe or Yukon with the 10 speed Transmission. It seems to be a much improved unit over previous efforts.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess final update: I've decided to trade the car in. I can't own a vehicle with such questionable reliability. GM corporate didn't/wouldn't do the one thing I asked for, which was to provide me with a loaner or rental while they figured out my truck, that's all. They said I should drop it off, rent my own car, and submit for reimbursement, making sure to tell me that it wasn't guaranteed. That's just plain unacceptable to me. It isn't about the money, rental cars are super cheap right now, it's the principle.

The 2 dealerships here refused me a loaner when I called and asked before I went, so that was that.

I'm getting something else, I don't think I'll ever own another GM product.

0% APR over at Lexus right now due to covid if anyone is interested.
Aren’t you Unser warranty? I thought most dealers will provide a loaner if they have one that is available.

RobDenali

Reaction score
Try driving in Tow/Haul mode - It makes a huge difference in the way my car drives, expecially from a dead stop.

I like driving in manual mode and locking out the higher gears that are not needed. It really makes the shifts better. I have the 8 speed

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts