Transmission Fluid Flush??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear god dont use an electric drill/impact when you put it back together and criss-cross as you tighten it down. LOL

Thanks for feedback :). If he saw this post about how to flush the fluid, he wouldnt be having as much difficulty in the beginning as well. The only thing I took from that video (starting at 7 min I believe) is how he got the pan out. These trucks have some thick exhausts and generally they have to have a little bounce to avoid cracking so pushing down a little shouldnt cause damage. Getting all tools ready and planning to tackle this tomorrow, pray for me.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh problems from the beginning. My trans line doesn't have that 5/8 to unscrew....

20161022_202054.jpg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this video on how to disconnect. Trying to find one where they duo the actual disconnecting

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a difference. From the right to left it goes big then small. On the instructions picture, out goes big small bigger. The bigger it's missing on mine.

TransFlush005.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours looks a bit different, but still has the same quick disconnect. What happens when you try to unscrew it- does it feel like it's moving or does it feel like it's going to break? It doesn't look like a soldered fitting, looks like it's made for a wrench. I dont know for sure though. Maybe someone else with a 2011 will know.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to previous posts, removing the big head closest to radiator Will cause coolant to come out. I'm wondering it'd removing e clip Will allow me to just pull line out then i can poor my clear hose in same place. I'm at 125k miles and prepared to wait another weekend before i fubar my car.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to link below, simply remove clip and line should pull out. Also helps show how to properly remove and install clip. Lets see how this goes.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to previous posts, removing the big head closest to radiator Will cause coolant to come out. I'm wondering it'd removing e clip Will allow me to just pull line out then i can poor my clear hose in same place. I'm at 125k miles and prepared to wait another weekend before i fubar my car.
You won't be able to install a plastic line in place of the stock line by removing the e-clip without an adapter . I replaced my trans line a couple weeks ago so I do know that much. That's why the instructions for installing the plastic hose say to not remove the e-clip but instead remove the threaded fitting. The stock line has a flared fitting that the e-clip utilizes to hold the hose in with. It's designed with a flat side to the outside and a tapered side to the inside. But I did find an adapter on Amazon that will go in place of the flared metal line and allow you to attach a hose. You have to use a pick to remove the e-clip, and when you reinstall one of these fittings you install the e-clip into the fitting first and then just push in the metal line until it clicks. That's the reason for the tapered side on the inside and the flat side to the outside like you see in the picture.
31eFMzxy0QL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Hayden-Autom...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CWAFRZZGG3PT3NNZAR30

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have firing but didn't want to remove big bolt umpires you saying that's required. Previous instructions are different from my car as previously mentioned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo