Transmission fluid exchange...an anecdotal experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what happens when the KID gets a big head and think's they know better than what the father or mother has set up over the years. Some times the kid is all about the dollar signs and not the reputation that keeps it all going. My reputation is starting to pay off here. I don't advertise on CL or FB. I just do the work, the word gets out and word of mouth takes over, thru the neighborhood, the landlord, the VFW and the American Legion. Not because I have a "TRENT" around here.
The same is true for carpenters, landscapers, plumbers, lawyers, dentists, and pretty much any occupation I can think of. When you're genuinely competent and provide a great service that people need, customers will find you by word of mouth.

OP
OP
abrasumente

abrasumente

Reaction score
I dont want to start an agument because people seem to be sensitive to brand/type but what kind of fluid did you flush/fill it with? I know there are a lot out there and I'm assuming Dextron VI? The fluid is super expensive these days.

I used Valvoline Maxlife Multivehicle as it was what was on hand locally. It's listed as conforming to Dex VI specs.

This is the part where someone tells me I suicided my transmission. :rotflmao:

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used Valvoline Maxlife Multivehicle as it was what was on hand locally. It's listed as conforming to Dex VI specs.

This is the part where someone tells me I suicided my transmission. :rotflmao:
Lol. I have used max life on all my vehicles that it lists compatibility for with no issues. I have it in my 2011 sub now.

Reaction score
I use it in the Acadia and the 33 street rod with the 700r4 and I'll probably use it next time I do the Yukon.

About a year ago it cost about $18/gallon jug at Walmart. Now it's $25. Still a good price.

OP
OP
abrasumente

abrasumente

Reaction score
This is good to hear! I happened across an engine oil thread not that long ago and it convinced me to start using the ac delco branded stuff since I haven't tuned out AFM yet. I was hoping it wouldn't be the same with my choice of trans fluid, lol.