Transmission fluid exchange...an anecdotal experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just subbed to your channel. (I used to love watching the AT teardowns on the Precision Transmission channel before they got a billion subs then went private $$$).

Do you do any work on the 6L80s?

If you're interested, Richard and Teresa are working out of a new shop. He's on light duty right now, I think, after shoulder replacement surgery, but he has a few videos up:

Wait, what? What happened to Precision Transmissions/Richard?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder why the new channel?

IIRC, his son took over the original channel, and monetized it via subscrition-only. I mean, good for them; Amerian Dream... yada yada.

At least there's a new channel for free with a ton of knowledge. Plus, I imagine that the guy is getting close to retirement, and just wants to work at his own pace.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, his son took over the original channel, and monetized it via subscrition-only. I mean, good for them; Amerian Dream... yada yada.

At least there's a new channel for free with a ton of knowledge. Plus, I imagine that the guy is getting close to retirement, and just wants to work at his own pace.

He and Trent had some sort of falling out. There were never any specifics given but that's the gist.

WOW. Yeah I will definitely be following Richard!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW. Yeah I will definitely be following Richard!
He knows his stuff!! I've learned a TON from watching his vids. I still wouldn't trust myself to rebuild a trans in my garage but I've now got a good grasp on how they work and what the components are called all from watching his videos.

I learned of the "falling out" because Trent had posted a vid on the original channel at one point but I think that vid is now been taken down. Didn't give details on what happened at all. Just that things were changing and going separate ways. Just from a father-son standpoint, I hope they patch things up soon.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
He knows his stuff!! I've learned a TON from watching his vids. I still wouldn't trust myself to rebuild a trans in my garage but I've now got a good grasp on how they work and what the components are called all from watching his videos.

I learned of the "falling out" because Trent had posted a vid on the original channel at one point but I think that vid is now been taken down. Didn't give details on what happened at all. Just that things were changing and going separate ways. Just from a father-son standpoint, I hope they patch things up soon.
Orange County Choppers all over again.......

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That SUCKS. Screw Trent!!!
That is what happens when the KID gets a big head and think's they know better than what the father or mother has set up over the years. Some times the kid is all about the dollar signs and not the reputation that keeps it all going. My reputation is starting to pay off here. I don't advertise on CL or FB. I just do the work, the word gets out and word of mouth takes over, thru the neighborhood, the landlord, the VFW and the American Legion. Not because I have a "TRENT" around here.