Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...I finished clamping up the hoses and cleaned it up slightly. I clamped up the OEM aluminum fittings as well to see if that stops the weeping. Will check on them periodically in the future to see how it’s working. Seems like it should work.View attachment 261555

And my new best friend...

View attachment 261556

It’s a 3/8” drive with ratcheting action. The head also swivels around if you need it. Two LED lights at the end to shine some light also.

I hate worm clamps but im curious as to how well it does.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
What would you use in place of the worm clamps as I believe they should be a little tighter, but couldn’t as it was stressing the clamps too much.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a Google search and look at clamps for diesel engines. They seem to be of better quality. Good luck.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea what size range would fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I’m pretty certain I was using this size:

62838AA9-0CD9-4B15-9D95-7AE4DC630928.jpeg

I could have used a much smaller diameter, but found it easier to use these.

You can see how much extra band I had. It was just easier for me as I was having a hard time reaching up there with my shoulder trying to reconnect it.

7DBB4302-666D-4972-8FEB-B4BDD0B72210.jpeg

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Most likely will be ordering those “diesel clamps” as they look far superior to these.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason, unless you remove the aluminum collar, your hose clamp has no chance. Any Idea why they use hydraulic crimpers? See the above link to a screw sleeve JIC fitting.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely will be ordering those “diesel clamps” as they look far superior to these.

Diesel is my trade specialty lol its what I work on all day every day. Those clamps are called T-bolt clamps. They apply a more even pressure around a hose and also do not dig in. Another clamp style I like for radiators and such though is power grip style clamps that shrink fit.

Also if you know the fitting size needed in JIC most good tractor/equipment shops can crimp a JIC end on the hose for you as well and the crimps we use on equipment are far superior to those little pinch crimps from factory.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I finally researched these JIC fittings and basically the same as AN fitting only with “less exacting tolerances” and generally cost less.

I’ll be changing those horrible worm clamps out with the TBolt clamps for now to see how they hold up. Then I guess it’s on to JIC fittings if they start leaking again.

Thanks for everyone’s help! Definitely have learned a lot about Army Navy Fittings, Joint Industry Council Fittings, worm clamps, and TBolt clamps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr