Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I noticed the transmission cooling line leaking (thanks to Rocket Man for diagnosing the problem for me!) and thought there’s probably a repair for it. So I found this guy who repaired his...

I went ahead and ordered 3/8” cooling line and will try to replicate the same repair and will post here with results.

60B19A8C-1876-4282-BFB8-7D51C97FD3B8.jpeg

73E00F16-43A2-4D75-B274-04E36769A5FF.jpeg

You don’t have to take the front bumper off as you can put your arm down behind the grill to disconnect the line, but went ahead and removed it for other reasons (wanted to repaint it, need to fix rust on the fenders, and makes it way easier to replace front airbag sensors).

1819457D-2088-49F8-AE87-E6E030DAC7F5.jpeg

49031532-8D0F-43EE-8565-479F556360A2.jpeg

I’ll probably get to work on the line in a week and I’ll let you know how it goes.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
With the vette project that's in my profile image, i took a crash course into the wonderful world of AN fittings.

Watching that video, first thing i thought was to cut the end of the line off, add the AN fittings, and flare that bad boy!

From there, AN fittings support the rubber lines really well, and are reusable later down the road...
:D

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Good idea! Looks like I might have a crash course in AN fittings soon! My new hose doesn’t come for another week, so I’ve got some time to do some research.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Here’s a good video for AN newbies like myself:

Just looked and the pipe I ordered is indeed -6 AN.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Been thinking about this all day (yeah...never done anything like this before) and I do believe I’ve got it all figured out finally.

Here’s a great video on how to cut the aluminum pipe and how to flare it properly at the 37 degree to accept the AN Tube Sleeve and Tube Nut:

I’ll be ordering the $30 Summit Racing Flare Tool along with the AN fittings needed.

Thanks again, Just Fishing!

patman_perf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Jason, just wanted to say thank you for finding, watching and sharing my video (the first one.)
I was looking at my YouTube analytics and noticed this site as an external source, so I came and
searched and found your post, then created an account so that I could log in and say thank you.

Very good idea on the AN lines as well, but for me, on a grocery go-getter, I wouldn't spend that
kind of cash, I'll stick with the cheap rubber line lol. I guess it would have been a good solution
for me over replacing the entire line set after I found that mine was rusted through though!

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
By the way...you can take your email off as I believe there are bots roaming the internet looking for emails to be able to send a bunch of marketing emails and what not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum