Transmission codes after rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per your suggestion, I'm getting 21.5 ohms on C1 pin 79 and no reading on C2 2,42, 47 and 48.
Does that mean the solenoids are not plugged or just bad? I do have some oil coming through the round plug if that makes a difference View attachment 386188
Well you have now found the general problem but you dont know yet exactly what the specific problem is. By testing from the PCM connector you have established that there is NO electrical connection between those terminals 2, 42, 47 and 48 of the C2 connector. So now you need to isolate whether the problem is in the tranny or the C2 connector or the wiring harness from PCM to tranny. I would pull harness from tranny and measure from PCM to harness plug.
Ohm out the following:
C2-2 to Tranny Plug pin U
C2-42 to Tranny Plug pin T
C2-47 to Tranny plug pin B
C2-48 to Tranny plug pin A
If those measure open(infinite) then you have either a partially severed wiring harness OR terminals broken from their wires at the back of the PCM C2 Plug connector and that will required the disassembly of the plug to visually see.
If those all check good then your problem is the Tranny Socket that th Plug goes into OR the wiring harness from socket to respective solenoids has damage OR the affected solenoids are just bad (their coils are open) OR the wiring harness is busted off of the bottom of the Socket. All of these will require dropping the Tranny pan, fluid drain and visual and electrical testing for fault.
Any decent Tranny shop ALWAYS replaces that socket that snaps into the tranny housing during a rebuild for just this reason we see in your pic. Order one and get it on its way to you for replacement.
The good news is that it does NOT sound as if your problem is PCM related. So you wont have to replace that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts