Trans compatibility...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Just a quick question, will a 2kcd 4l60e and a 1kcd interchange? Need more info before I buy this used one. If there's anything specific to making it work what is it?

To note, my 2001 tahoe is 5.3 with 4wd
If I remember correctly 1 = 2001 and k = 4wd?

Any help would be great!!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might need to change/swap the tail housing and shaft to mate to a t case. aka use your old one.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I screwed up. I got a good deal on a 3CHD. Unfortunately, it was to potentially replace a 4L60e on a 4WD Suburban. Yay.

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
No pinouts required or harness swaps needed? I don't wanna mess this up cuz I can't handle 2nd gear highway mileage anymore but I don't wanna waste my money haha.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pinouts required or harness swaps needed? I don't wanna mess this up cuz I can't handle 2nd gear highway mileage anymore but I don't wanna waste my mone

No pinouts required or harness swaps needed? I don't wanna mess this up cuz I can't handle 2nd gear highway mileage anymore but I don't wanna waste my money haha.
Same plug at tranny. Pinout will be the same.

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Got the trans, 3KCD code came with TC fluid looked new and smelled really good. Paid 350. Wish me luck boys!

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Update***
3kcd installed no issues new fluid filter gasket etc. New tq converter seal (dad mentioned replacing it so I did). No leaks no hiccups. It feels so good to have gas mileage back. While I was down there I went ahead and replaced rear main seal and cover gasket. Made sense because it was pretty oily around that area and I did the oil pan gasket, along with valve covers to ensure I eliminated oil leaks. She's a clean happy girl that goes through all gears no clunking and it was a 220k trans I put in. Impressive for the miles!

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update***
3kcd installed no issues new fluid filter gasket etc. New tq converter seal (dad mentioned replacing it so I did). No leaks no hiccups. It feels so good to have gas mileage back. While I was down there I went ahead and replaced rear main seal and cover gasket. Made sense because it was pretty oily around that area and I did the oil pan gasket, along with valve covers to ensure I eliminated oil leaks. She's a clean happy girl that goes through all gears no clunking and it was a 220k trans I put in. Impressive for the miles!
That 220k tranny was likely rebuilt between 100k-150k miles unless it was babied. Most 4L60E's dont make it much past 140k without a rebuild if used for towing, offroad, Extreme heat areas, maintenance not taken care of, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts