"Traction Active" error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Aug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Yukon Denali XL. This winter, it started throwing a code that reads "Traction Active", at the same time bogging down as if the engine is dropping RPMs. This usually happens between 5-15 mph after coming to a complete stop then starting again. The code does not stay on the display, but disappears right when acceleration begins again...

Any suggestions??

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Yukon Denali XL. This winter, it started throwing a code that reads "Traction Active", at the same time bogging down as if the engine is dropping RPMs. This usually happens between 5-15 mph after coming to a complete stop then starting again. The code does not stay on the display, but disappears right when acceleration begins again...

Any suggestions??
First off, welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Do you have a scanner or code reader to see if there are any DTC codes stored?

Any work done to the Yukon prior to this happening?

How many miles are on it?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be a couple things, possibly a wheel hub/abs sensor, could also possibly be a sensor in the transmission but a abs sensor is more likely.
normally you just get a abs light and no other adverse effects. best thing to do is to try and have it scanned while the "traction active" is lit up. with a scanner that can read abs/srs

OP
OP
B

Big Aug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Do you have a scanner or code reader to see if there are any DTC codes stored?

Any work done to the Yukon prior to this happening?

How many miles are on it?

Thanks to you both for the quick response. I had the transmission replaced (major pain) in January of 2019. Took GM a couple of tries because they originally misdiagnosed the problem and it also needed a new ECM...

I Do have a code reader, but the error ONLY shows for 3-5 seconds while the truck loses power/drops RPMs, so I don't know it.

OP
OP
B

Big Aug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Scotty. I’m going to take another look today and will get back with a reply