TPW 4/11… let’s see what everyone else that is waiting is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9/2021 - still not accepted.
Denali XL Premium. Duramax and everything but the RSE.

Changed order to the Denali XL Reserve back in Jan.

Also have an Expedition on order as well. We'll see who gets here first.
What Expedition model do you have ordered?

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Ive spoken to reps from GM. Order has been placed but not officially accepted by GM. Frustrating but it is what it is.

Did they provide you an event code? You need to make sure it's event code 1100 and not 1000. They can place the order but it'll be on "hold" because there they are waiting on an allocation (which is event code 1000). I've seen on here people say they've been told it's ordered (by their dealer and whoever they speak to at GM chat) and it technically hasn't been.

If you are event code 1100, then you are at the mercy of GM...which is frustrating. Maybe something you added is on constraint? I'd check for that...because like the other person mentioned people have ordered that trim after you and have already been assigned a TPW.

Rojosox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did they provide you an event code? You need to make sure it's event code 1100 and not 1000. They can place the order but it'll be on "hold" because there they are waiting on an allocation (which is event code 1000). I've seen on here people say they've been told it's ordered (by their dealer and whoever they speak to at GM chat) and it technically hasn't been.

If you are event code 1100, then you are at the mercy of GM...which is frustrating. Maybe something you added is on constraint? I'd check for that...because like the other person mentioned people have ordered that trim after you and have already been assigned a TPW.
Yes it is at 1100. I guess worst case is we should theoretically be first or close to the top for a 2023.

Rickd11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats! I have a 3/28 TPW as well (Yukon XL Denali, 6.2L, 4WD, Premium Package except power assist steps)... GM Chat said that it is to be built this week (dealer said would be today, 3/29) -- so hoping that actually happens. Good to know chat already confirmed yours is built!

My dealer had this one at 3000 status as of 2/20 when I reserved it (somehow it wasn't claimed), so don't have an order date to share.
Thank you, congrats to you as well. Finding one that's isn't spoken for these days is definitely tough. I really wanted the premium package but my dealer said keep it basic...is yours showing built yet?

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Yes it is at 1100. I guess worst case is we should theoretically be first or close to the top for a 2023.

I heard someone say the 2023s don’t start getting produced until September…that’s a long ways away unless you have no issue waiting.

slade45

Reaction score
Thank you, congrats to you as well. Finding one that's isn't spoken for these days is definitely tough. I really wanted the premium package but my dealer said keep it basic...is yours showing built yet?

I keep checking GMC chat and they just keep saying that the TPW is 3/28. My dealer said he gets updates on Fridays, so hoping he can confirm tomorrow that it was actually built. Luckily they aren't saying the TPW slipped to another week. I'll share updates as I get them!

Were you able to add any options that you wanted? From what I've been reading on GMAuthority it seems like some options are becoming more available / less constrained relative to how things were the last couple of months especially for the Denali - so maybe you can add a few things back (possibly?)

Last edited:

Kaylabou

Reaction score
I keep checking GMC chat and they just keep saying that the TPW is 3/28. My dealer said he gets updates on Fridays, so hoping he can confirm tomorrow that it was actually built. Luckily they aren't saying the TPW slipped to another week. I'll share updates as I get them!

Were you able to add any options that you wanted? From what I've been reading on GMAuthority it seems like some options are becoming more available / less constrained relative to how things were the last couple of months especially for the Denali - so maybe you can add a few things back (possibly?)
Same situation as me. Chat just says working towards the production process with a tPW of 3/28. So hoping tomorrow it’s produced

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score

So an interesting thing I discovered yesterday since I’m in the same predicament as you.

I checked in with Chevy chat Tuesday (I got the same TPW week of 3/28) so in the chat they only just tell me that info. I’m like that’s this week, do you know if it’s in production yet. They wouldn’t tell me and said the 3/28 is an estimate and subject to change. Check back with your dealer for more info

So i decided to call GM help line yesterday and the woman goes what do you want help with us - and I said I’d like an update I know my TPW is this week and I just wanted to see if it’s being produced now - the woman goes - I see in the notes you contacted us through the chat yesterday and there is nothing for me to update you on. The message said check back with you dealer for more info. She legit refused to look into it for me and hung up the phone on me lol.

So my guess is whoever you contact through chat or phone has access to all of your call logs and messages - so I think through chat if they’re lazy or they dont care about checking, they just revert back to that last note in the system. That is why I have a hunch we get mixed messaging through chat. Sometimes you’ll be told your event code change and the next time a new person tells you the old info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA