TPW 4/11… let’s see what everyone else that is waiting is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slade45

Reaction score
That’s great !
How does you dealer know the date? Lol.
Makes me wanna ask mine. I have a TPW of 3/28

That is a great question, I'm not sure how he had a specific date. He sends me an email once a week with an update and mentioned it had a TPW of 3/28 but looked like it would be built on 3/29 (not sure if they have more visibility into scheduling than GMC chat, I assume they might?)

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Ordered 1/3...Z71 with luxury package and moonroof. Still not accepted....

Have you confirmed the order was actually sent to GM? And it’s not just entered into the system by the dealer but there’s no allocation / you’re in line

OP
OP
R

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you confirmed the order was actually sent to GM? And it’s not just entered into the system by the dealer but there’s no allocation / you’re in line
Seems like a long time especially since it seems like they been building Z71 like crazy. Seems that is all the new ones I see driving around.

OP
OP
R

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My salesman hasn’t even told me my TPW. I got that from the GM chat. I checked last week and this week and they said the same thing.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Seems like a long time especially since it seems like they been building Z71 like crazy. Seems that is all the new ones I see driving around.
That is a great question, I'm not sure how he had a specific date. He sends me an email once a week with an update and mentioned it had a TPW of 3/28 but looked like it would be built on 3/29 (not sure if they have more visibility into scheduling than GMC chat, I assume they might?)

Yeah, he has to be waiting in line behind a bunch of orders ahead of him and there just aren’t enough allocations at his dealer to go around.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
My salesman hasn’t even told me my TPW. I got that from the GM chat. I checked last week and this week and they said the same thing.

My salesman told me zip for the first 6 weeks. By that point I already knew my TPW through Chevy chat and calling GM.

Last Monday I called and my salesman told me that he had no updates before I can even say my name - I was like wtf. I was fed up so called back Wednesday and planned on asking to speak with the order manager because I couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t want to provide that info to me. Found out my salesman was fired the day before. Order manager tries to pull me up in the system and says you’re not there. I told him that’s impossible I have an order # and am already assigned a TPW. He was impressed with my knowledge - turns out they spelled my name wrong lol. I was like frankly I have no idea why you guys aren’t following up and keeping customers informed. If I never knew to find out through chevy I would have cancelled my order a long time ago and wrote a horrible review. He said - well your salesman wasn’t capable of doing that not everyone here and not to go into details but that’s why he’s no longer working for us.

He then emails me a copy of my build info, that shows my order # and the TPW. Also shows all of the features / add ons. If I were you I’d demand to see this - tell them you know it exists and you want to make sure your car has everything you wanted when you built it. It’s called the GM Order Workbench

Last thing you want to do is get your car that’s the wrong color or missing crucial things you were looking for.

He then assigned me a new salesman who texted me write away. Hopefully as soon as updates come I get them.

Skud

Reaction score
9/2021 - still not accepted.
Denali XL Premium. Duramax and everything but the RSE.

Changed order to the Denali XL Reserve back in Jan.

Also have an Expedition on order as well. We'll see who gets here first.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Ordered on 1/20 fully loaded Yukon Denali Duramax (minus the RSE). Not sure when it was accepted, but TPW was 3/14, got produced during that week on schedule and is currently on the train to dealer in NJ with ETA week of 4/4… We’ll see how that holds…

Rojosox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive spoken to reps from GM. Order has been placed but not officially accepted by GM. Frustrating but it is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz