TPW 4/11… let’s see what everyone else that is waiting is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BK77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought allocations are specified to the trim level…meaning they don’t even get to choose what trim is in their allocation. So if they’re allocated an RST and an LT for example….anyone who has a High Country
Or Z71 are SOL
That’s my question as well. Salesman does not seem to know much beyond stating that they “have allocation.” Seems like I need to talk to their ordering manager to learn more specifics about what trim-specific allocation they ha e and where I’m at in their queue.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought allocations are specified to the trim level…meaning they don’t even get to choose what trim is in their allocation. So if they’re allocated an RST and an LT for example….anyone who has a High Country
Or Z71 are SOL

The screenshot below from a couple months ago paints a little clearer picture - mainly because it also shows the allocation of the constraints...does leave out the aspect of the dealer being allocated a Yukon and they being able to submit the order as an SLE

I wouldn't think GM would be allocating Tahoes/Yukons based "only" on the constraint list, I'd think they would also be allocating Tahoes/Yukons in general meaning that the dealer, if allocated a Tahoe, then they could submit the order as an LS or whatever trim that isn't on constraint

who knows...

Screenshot_20220210-154037_Yahoo Mail.jpg

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t order mine with the ultimate/reserve or any “package” because if the package included something they aren’t doing now, GM wouldn’t accept it. My salesman literally built a brand new order, included everything I wanted from my original ultimate order but removed the items we knew they wouldn’t build.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got another update on mine: Status 4300, but they wouldn't share the VIN. My sales person is not very technologically savvy, so he wasn't able to find my VIN when we chatted last week.

'22 Denali w/ Duramax, sunroof, power running boards, and second row bench.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I wouldn't think GM would be allocating Tahoes/Yukons based "only" on the constraint list, I'd think they would also be allocating Tahoes/Yukons in general meaning that the dealer, if allocated a Tahoe, then they could submit the order as an LS or whatever trim that isn't on constraint
I've heard numerous people say on here that order a Tahoe RST (as an example) to be told by their dealer they do not have an upcoming allocation for that trim but they do have an allocation to a High Country if they're willing to switch. Otherwise - they'll have to wait out the RST order.

That's why I came to that conclusion.

Unless - the dealer is just saying that to sell the more expensive trim. Which wouldn't shock me either...since these are car salesmen at the end of the day

972sparky

Reaction score
I think GM will allot the higher trims first then the "leftovers" if parts are available. More profit in the higher trims all around. Just my observation.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think GM will allot the higher trims first then the "leftovers" if parts are available. More profit in the higher trims all around. Just my observation.

I think that has been shown with the latest constraint on ventilated seats. Due to shortage of modules AND blower motors, the ventilated seats will be a later retrofit, but that constraint doesn't apply to the Denali trim.

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that has been shown with the latest constraint on ventilated seats. Due to shortage of modules AND blower motors, the ventilated seats will be a later retrofit, but that constraint doesn't apply to the Denali trim.
Mine is due in this week or next (ordered Oct 2021) and I'm very curious to see if it will be equipped with the ventilated seats...

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
posted on another thread as well...ours had an initial TPW of 4/11 (basic Z71 with luxury package and buckets)...early March the TPW moved up to 3/28, built 3/28, delivered to Midlothian on 3/30 and delivered to the dealer 4/21...we are now driving it and the salesman said it was still at 4300

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts