TPMS Phenomenon - Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah it is a hassle but it can save your wheels. With 26s on these cars, the pressure should never go below 40 psi cold or the chance of rim damage from the road shoot. I don't let mine go below 42 psi.
If I had wheels/tires as expensive as yours, I would be paranoid without my TPMS sensors.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dont care about the light being on, dont worry about it:p
Just kind of funny that if you spent $50k+ on a truck, easily $4-5k on wheels and $250~ is a drop in the bucket to not have the light, lol.

OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dont care about the light being on, dont worry about it:p
Just kind of funny that if you spent $50k+ on a truck, easily $4-5k on wheels and $250~ is a drop in the bucket to not have the light, lol.

Well this is day 3 with still no light on, so I'm not worried about the light lol

And I bought the truck used, didn't pay $50k, paid less than you indicated for the wheels even though they MSRP for well over $10k and I'd prefer not to spend $250 if I don't have too. :) I'm a cheap @$$ even though the Esky doesn't show it

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me didn't come on until a week after the Yukon barely goes far so I'm pretty sure they take a reading every x amount of miles just wait yours will come on.
Distracting at first but after a while you get used to it

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest keeping an eye on your PSI, and search on ebay I found a set TPMS for $40 shipped, but it cost me $120 to install them which is the normal price for mount and balance. I would at least find a tire shop just in case u have to replace/fix a flat on your tires in the future.

OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest keeping an eye on your PSI, and search on ebay I found a set TPMS for $40 shipped, but it cost me $120 to install them which is the normal price for mount and balance. I would at least find a tire shop just in case u have to replace/fix a flat on your tires in the future.

The TPMS you got from eBay, are they (4) brand new OEM sensors? Because I'm not going to go through the effort of installing the TPMS sensors on my 26s if they aren't brand new OEM because you never know how old and used those sensors are on eBay, the batteries could be near the end of their life.

I have the OEM 2012 Premium 22s as back ups if need be, and know a place that can handle 26s I'm just not ready to put forth the effort currently to get it taken care of :beer: somewhat lazy I know, but I've had 2 previous sets of wheels that got ruined when mounting / balance. Once that the shop replaced and the other that they said "o well, risk of doing big wheels" so I'm a bit scarred!

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep brand new OEM I just got lucky and found them he had alot mow his price went up to 120 for the set here is a link when he was selling them for $17 a piece, but I sent him a best offer and he took it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180973290421
Here is a copy of my paypal invoice and it shows the same item number.
Item Title: NEW GENUINE GM TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSORS # 22854866 (TPMS)- opens in a new window or tab
Item Id:180973290421 - Price: US $38.00
Quantity:1

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Yeah I fully understand I had the same issue when I was in Memphis, but now I am Socal and damn I tell you there are so many wheel shops around here its crazy and they run 30s and 32s even rubberband tires on 24s for chargers and 300. I thought TX was the same way I guess not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep brand new OEM I just got lucky and found them he had alot mow his price went up to 120 for the set here is a link when he was selling them for $17 a piece, but I sent him a best offer and he took it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180973290421
Here is a copy of my paypal invoice and it shows the same item number.
Item Title: NEW GENUINE GM TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSORS # 22854866 (TPMS)- opens in a new window or tab
Item Id:180973290421 - Price: US $38.00
Quantity:1

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Yeah I fully understand I had the same issue when I was in Memphis, but now I am Socal and damn I tell you there are so many wheel shops around here its crazy and they run 30s and 32s even rubberband tires on 24s for chargers and 300. I thought TX was the same way I guess not.

Sweet deal man, good find! :headbang: Well Dallas is, which is about 30mins away from me, but honestly I have a 10 min commute to work and school so I'm spoiled and hate to drive any further than 10 miles lol

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about getting a beater for to and from maybe a 4dr integra GSR with a H22? Throw your wheels in the car and take them to Dallas. HAHA!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You could just do it the lazy way and put a TPMS sensor in your spare rim/tire and then program it to each of the four corners of your car. Then your warning messages will be gone and the DIC will show the spare tire pressure as being the same pressure for all four tires.
You can also do that at any local tire shop because anybody can do 17" wheels.
Just make sure you keep aware of your pressure before you have to deal with Forgiato telling you that replacing a bent lip is $450! :shocked:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924