TPMS relearn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff10x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a set of take off wheels with sensors from a 2020 or newer Silverado and had winter tires mounted. I have had it to dealers to set the monitor and neither could complete it. A friend has a NAPA tool that reads the sensors, the frequency (433) and battery but it will not load to the vehicle. I am at a loss. Anybody have a fix for this? It is on a 2022 Tahoe Premier

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Does your owner’s manual have instructions to do this? Are you sure the sensors in the new tires are good? At 4 years old you’d think they are. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will chime in. Good luck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a set of take off wheels with sensors from a 2020 or newer Silverado and had winter tires mounted. I have had it to dealers to set the monitor and neither could complete it. A friend has a NAPA tool that reads the sensors, the frequency (433) and battery but it will not load to the vehicle. I am at a loss. Anybody have a fix for this? It is on a 2022 Tahoe Premier
see this previous post

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

crankin

Reaction score
Hi @jeff10x I had the same problem with my 2022 GMC Yukon XL. I bought a set of TPMS from a 2021 Silverado, They both had the same mhz 433. They changed the part numbers in 2022 and they are not compatible. But the AC Delco parts from dealer are same price if not cheaper then aftermarket sensors.

By this time I already had the wheels and tires together and on the yukon and had to pay to do it all over again after the parts showed up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

crankin

Reaction score

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently tried to reprogram my aftermarket TPS sensors at the dealership too (previously set by the same dealership), but they weren't able to do it this time around. However, they did say the way to reprogram them is to have your display set to the TPS screen on your Yukon/Tahoe, and depress the toggle wheel on the right side of your steering wheel for approximately 3 seconds... I tried it and did get a reaction on the dash, but the sensors weren't detected. I guess I just need to get new sensors.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far as I know, if you have the correct P/N Sensors, it is a simple "Drive to Relearn".
Have 2 sets of wheels/tires, both with the OEM TPMS sensors, and any bolt on swaps have been flawless.

BTW, I found the OEM sensors to be less expensive than the aftermarket ones. $40 each when I bought them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts