Towing temp going up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of.. I use my diablosport display to watch the ACTUAL Temp..
And yes, from about 185-215 the factory gauge just shows "210" so it's really
buffered
Yeah I know...when I roll heavy I have a tablet attached to the windshield connected via torque pro to give me vital stats. Lovely to have, wish it was all built in.

OP
OP
97audia4

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran and got the water pump while there was a crash on track and installed it in the parking lot . Just finished 275 mile trip back home and never saw over 210 on the guage .

Trailer is a dual axle extra height and 5k total, I used tow haul mode and trans didn't go above 165 even on the long steep hills .

OP
OP
97audia4

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran and got the water pump while there was a crash on track and installed it in the parking lot . Just finished 275 mile trip back home and never saw over 210 on the guage .

Trailer is a dual axle extra height and 5k total, I used tow haul mode and trans didn't go above 165 even on the long steep hills .

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good to hear Jeff, great work too!

OP
OP
97audia4

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes for the third repair on the road away from home for me and all accessory related . Alternator , starter, ac compressor, water pump.

I'm going to be possibly looking to do the oil pump next before my next trip. I have noticed progressively lower and lower idle oil pressure over the last month . Nothing super alarming as it will run 45 and above all day long even on a hot day when the motor is 230 degrees pulling uphill at 4000 rpm.

ftwflh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tow haul mode on up hill with 5k trailer temps keep going up with ac on. Temp went to 235 then I pulled over and went down right to 210. Did that twice but always went down . Most of the trip was uphill for 275 miles .
Have you thought of replacing the thermostat?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand, what happens when this pump fails? The impeller breaks loose from the shaft? Aren't they pressed on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout