Took delivery of Quicksilver Denali XL today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will attempt to attach a few pictures. Assuming they show up, I apologize for the poor quality garage lighting. I do think they give a decent "real world" representation of the exterior color, though. Some pictures i took this afternoon in the direct sun looked very washed out and not at all representative of the true color. I was frustrated prior to ordering that I simply could not find good images of interior and exterior colors. I chose the cocoa/dark atmosphere and am very pleased with both the exterior and interior colors after finally seeing it in person.

No meaningful driving impressions thus far as I have put less than 5 miles on it today. It does seem to have a somewhat "stiffer" ride than our last generation Denali, however after such a short time behind the wheel I may find that is ultimately not an accurate assessment.

Hopefully the pics will be of some help to those on the fence about the color. In a few months I'm sure I'll see myself coming and going 20 times/day and this thread will be worthless!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo 1-12.jpg
    photo 1-12.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 166
  • photo 2-12.JPG
    photo 2-12.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 168
  • photo 3-10.jpg
    photo 3-10.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice ride, cant say the same for the Ford sitting next to it.

After having a cab-off repair completed last week at 14K miles to replace the exhaust valves on the left side of the engine, I'm definitely not happy. I really thought after the disastrous 6.0 and marginally better 6.4, that Ford was finally putting a great diesel engine in the Super Duty. I bought it before the redesigned HD GMC was available. Not excited about the depreciation hit I will take if I cut bait now.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last year of the 7.3 was one of the good ones. the 6.0 just wasn't ready for prime time and with a few mods it can be fairly durable. But from a guy with over 850k miles on a couple of Dodge 3500's with the Cummins, I think I know where my diesel loyalties lie.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the new diesels are saddled with stifling emissions equipment that wasn't the case with the 7.3. Unfortunately, you have to remove it and tune it order to get an old style 400k Diesel engine back. All of the new Diesel engines are fine, but the EGR systems they are running are slowly killing parts. The Navistar 6.4l was the best of all of them, but when forced to run almost 50% exhaust as intake, they were lucky to run 100k before giving up. Remove it and tune it, and you get an easy 550/1200 TQ and 300k+ miles at 17/21 mpg.

Congrats on your new Denali. Very sharp.

Last edited:

rjhoskins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice! Looking forward to some inside pics. I was going quicksilver ext and black interior to be safe, but maybe your interior pics will change my mind :)

ari gold

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice ride man, i had my mind set on a white diamond tri but this silver is looking good

OP
OP
S

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice! Looking forward to some inside pics. I was going quicksilver ext and black interior to be safe, but maybe your interior pics will change my mind :)

A forum member (mikemal565) posted some terrific pics of his black over cocoa/dark atmosphere rig a little further down the page. If you want any specific pics I would be happy to send you the images, just give me your email as it's much quicker.

My truck is silver over black and it looks terrific, when perfectly clean. Dust on your shoes makes footprints on the jet black mats and any lint stands out to the point it's very noticeable. That is the experience that made me go with an interior color other than black on the Denali, otherwise I would have gone with black as most will with silver. The dark atmosphere is definitely still dark, but dust, dirt, etc is less apparent than on black. If you live in the desert and/or have kids, reconsider your choice of black interior solely from the vacuuming standpoint!

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

nice ride man, i had my mind set on a white diamond tri but this silver is looking good

I don't think you can go wrong either way! My two top choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts