Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motor is blown. Bearing material in the oil filter. So.......now what? It needs another motor. Any suggestions or ideas?
Sorry to hear the news my friend. :console:

I think you have already gotten some good advice from the other guys here. Comes down to what works best for you.

I hear there's Tahoe for sale out west with a 6.2L in it that @iamdub is supposed to buy, but hasn't pulled the trigger on yet.:rolleyes:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say go with a remanufactured motor and swap over the headers, a used motor would be cheaper but you never know what your getting into with a used motor unless you know someone parting out a truck and know the history of it, it’s a crap shoot, might need to replace some gaskets/seals which could bring the cost up to the cost of a remanufactured motor, the only thing about the remanufactured motor is depending on the warranty might not be able to swap the cam if it’s still good and wasn’t damaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've been looking around at different prices and options. Found an 05 complete(jy) 6.0 from a Silvy HD with 99,000 miles for $825. Another guy has an 03 6.0 for $700--but doesn't know what it came out of--it's a guy he knows. A Jasper reman--short block--is $3700, and you need a core, so I don't know if that price is with or without the core. If I had the money--no question--Jasper reman--But--I don't have it. I don't know if I'd want to go the 03 route tho. I'd think 05 has engine updates compared to the 03.20191218_113915.jpg
This one.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around at different prices and options. Found an 05 complete(jy) 6.0 from a Silvy HD with 99,000 miles for $825. Another guy has an 03 6.0 for $700--but doesn't know what it came out of--it's a guy he knows. A Jasper reman--short block--is $3700, and you need a core, so I don't know if that price is with or without the core. If I had the money--no question--Jasper reman--But--I don't have it. I don't know if I'd want to go the 03 route tho. I'd think 05 has engine updates compared to the 03.View attachment 236771
This one.
Of those choices I'd definitely go wtih the 6.0 for 825 :waytogo: Seems to be the better option of the three

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’d say go with a remanufactured motor and swap over the headers, a used motor would be cheaper but you never know what your getting into with a used motor unless you know someone parting out a truck and know the history of it, it’s a crap shoot, might need to replace some gaskets/seals which could bring the cost up to the cost of a remanufactured motor, the only thing about the remanufactured motor is depending on the warranty might not be able to swap the cam if it’s still good and wasn’t damaged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me--it all comes down to money--which I don't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879