Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tony, if it truly is worst case scenario, I vote long block 6.0 and keep trucking. But mine is just another opinion on the internet.
Everything comes down to money sadly :oops:. I don't have it. Went to see my buddy today. He still hasn't looked at it yet. I do understand tho. He has cash/retail jobs waiting for him to finish first, then mine will be next. He's saying hopefully mid/late next week. Now my work van has developed a tap when it's cold! I seriously can't catch a break. It does go away once it's warmed up tho.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Everything comes down to money sadly :oops:. I don't have it. Went to see my buddy today. He still hasn't looked at it yet. I do understand tho. He has cash/retail jobs waiting for him to finish first, then mine will be next. He's saying hopefully mid/late next week. Now my work van has developed a tap when it's cold! I seriously can't catch a break. It does go away once it's warmed up tho.

Manifold gasket.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I should clarify...exhaust, not intake.

A lot of people would classify an exhaust manifold leak as a tick or tap. Mine does it from that stupid rear bolt being broken. 5-10 minutes running and its gone.
Ahhh, it does seem to echo down that side of the exhaust. It's the ds, and I already have an exhaust clamp on there--although before the clamp it was ticking--but sounded like an exhaust tick. This time it doesn't. It's kind of a different sounded tick. I hope you're right tho.

Last edited:

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I hear you on that. Also, justifying probably 3k on a new engine for a vehicle that is over 13 years old (don't remember exact model year of yours) is hard to do, the cash value of the vehicle just isn't there. Sentimental value probably will make you more willing to drop the cash on it. However, I am a firm believer in the cheapest car to have is the one you already own.

As far as the van goes, my guess is that the oil is just thicker since it is cooling down, especially in Jersey. We have less of an issue with that in the desert.

Anyway, good luck with both!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I hear you on that. Also, justifying probably 3k on a new engine for a vehicle that is over 13 years old (don't remember exact model year of yours) is hard to do, the cash value of the vehicle just isn't there. Sentimental value probably will make you more willing to drop the cash on it. However, I am a firm believer in the cheapest car to have is the one you already own.

As far as the van goes, my guess is that the oil is just thicker since it is cooling down, especially in Jersey. We have less of an issue with that in the desert.

Anyway, good luck with both!
Thx. I appreciate the well wishes. You're totally correct on the cash value issue. It started as having some fun, but sometimes it's hard to know when enough is enough. Hopefully I'll have some good news soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287