Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It's just crud in your oil that settled out of suspension. The bottom of your oil pan will have a thicker layer.

Well, maybe not since your motor isn't original. I'm sure the pan would've been cleaned if they took it off.
Pan is my old one from 4.8. The 6.0 original was cracked. Motor probably fell when it was yanked.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't do everything I wanted to do today. I did do the new belt, and I messed with the new idler pulley.View attachment 228867View attachment 228871 I removed the original concave washer and used a smaller flat washer.View attachment 228868 View attachment 228869
I noticed the idler wasn't spinning with the old washer, thus the smaller, flat washer--spins now. I'm hoping that's the fix.
Spins good now. View attachment 228870
Wait a minute- you put that pulley on and didn’t check if it spun freely? Or it spun when you originally installed it but at some point it quit? How seized was it? Where’s the video of it NOT spinning freely?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wait a minute- you put that pulley on and didn’t check if it spun freely? Or it spun when you originally installed it but at some point it quit? How seized was it? Where’s the video of it NOT spinning freely?
Yup, took it for granted that I'd be gtg--yeah, I know. It did spin, but not as it should've. Pretty positive it was because of the original concave washer I reused--20190817_103333.jpg
On the right. This was it after I fixed it the 1st time. You can barely see it, but it's spinning.
I checked the idler today and the outside wasn't burned or marred, so it was spinning, but just not as freely as it should've.20190817_103238.jpg
New one on the left.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't do everything I wanted to do today. I did do the new belt, and I messed with the new idler pulley.View attachment 228867View attachment 228871 I removed the original concave washer and used a smaller flat washer.View attachment 228868 View attachment 228869
I noticed the idler wasn't spinning with the old washer, thus the smaller, flat washer--spins now. I'm hoping that's the fix.
Spins good now. View attachment 228870
Excellent! Hoping that’s your fix!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Can you use a straight edge to check pulley alignments? Also, Im sure you have checked to see if they’re all spinning free now?
I did use a straight edge and everything appeared aligned. All pulleys spun freely--except the crank of course. I'm really frustrated.