Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0200

id start with looking for a bad wire, take off the injector plugs, put them back on a couple time, can help clean a dirty connections. surprised it not giving a specific cylinder #. so it might be all of them due to a bad wire in the harness leading to them. being your engines been worked on a wire harness might not be where it should be and rubbed a spot through.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0200

id start with looking for a bad wire, take off the injector plugs, put them back on a couple time, can help clean a dirty connections. surprised it not giving a specific cylinder #. so it might be all of them due to a bad wire in the harness leading to them. being your engines been worked on a wire harness might not be where it should be and rubbed a spot through.
I'm really starting to despise this *****!!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truth be told. ive been thinking i should sell the tahoe and keep the regal lol tahoe would net more mod funds for the SS. full install kit with a whipple 2.9 blower is 8 grand pretty much for my car.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm hoping my issue is a wire rather then an injector. I have a scanner that reads live data, but Idk how to interpret it.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving the Hoe today, it started running like shit, almost like it's missing--while in gear. Revved it in neutral and it sounded a little better. No codes, all plug wires look ok. I did put gas in yesterday and I'm wondering if I got some bad gas. BTW--still getting the reduced engine power, so cleaning the grounds and adding a new one didn't help.
Sonofa

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm hoping my issue is a wire rather then an injector. I have a scanner that reads live data, but Idk how to interpret it.
Just giving an update to my code P0200:
Turned out to be a broken injector wire on #1 cylinder. Took me awhile to find it, as it broken right in the curve of the wire where it went into the plug.20190522_155005.jpg Didn't have time to look for another plug in the parts store, so I used a jumper wire.20190522_155434.jpg
Of course I couldn't find my shrink wrap--yes I do have some--so I just taped it up really good. Took it for a test drive and it chirps 2nd gear again--NICE!! Runs like a champ again.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just giving an update to my code P0200:
Turned out to be a broken wire injector on #1 cylinder. Took me awhile to find it, as it broken right in the curve of the wire where it went into the plug.View attachment 223531 Didn't have time to look for another plug in the parts store, so I used a jumper wire.View attachment 223532
Of course I couldn't find my shrink wrap--yes I do have some--so I just taped it up really good. Took it for a test drive and it chirps 2nd gear again--NICE!! Runs like a champ again.

**** yeah man, good job!!!!!!! :happy107::happy160::head3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal