Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Do you have a scanner that can read abs codes?

Just thought I would post this here.

I found an app that works with the Bluetooth OBD2 scanners that can check and clear codes in the...

ECM = engine control module
TCM = transmission control module
ABS = antilock brake system
SRS = supplemental restraint system = air bags

Pretty cool IMO and it's free.

I seen it the other day and read where it would read and clear all those codes and I thought to myself "yeah right" but for free I figured I would give it a whirl.

I downloaded it and tried it and it pulled up a code on my ABS from when I had pulled a fuse for testing purposes and I thought "well that's cool but I bet it won't let me clear it" so I tried it and it did indeed clear the ABS code.

So I am quite pleased to have found this app and figured I would share. The best part is it's free... lol

Here's a link to the app on the Google play store...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...elm327.obd2.chevroletsys.chevroletsysscanfree

It's called ChevroSys Free.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

I found an app that works with the Bluetooth OBD2 scanners that can check and clear codes in the...

I seen it the other day and read where it would read and clear all those codes and I thought to myself "yeah right" but for free I figured I would give it a whirl.

I downloaded it and tried it and it pulled up a code on my ABS from when I had pulled a fuse for testing purposes and I thought "well that's cool but I bet it won't let me clear it" so I tried it and it did indeed clear the ABS code.

So I am quite pleased to have found this app and figured I would share. The best part is it's free... lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...elm327.obd2.chevroletsys.chevroletsysscanfree

Cool. Done :waytogo:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Very cool find. Which scanner are you using it with?

kbuskill

Reaction score

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i grabbed this app, i already have a elm321 blue tooth, my abs light is not on, but it did pull up stored codes from the last owner in history, and cleared those codes.

damn good app, thanks for sharing it.

kbuskill

Reaction score
i grabbed this app, i already have a elm321 blue tooth, my abs light is not on, but it did pull up stored codes from the last owner in history, and cleared those codes.

damn good app, thanks for sharing it.

No problem... I was pretty impressed too... to be honest I wasn't expecting much with it being free... lol

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's awesome!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem... I was pretty impressed to... to be honest I wasn't expecting much with it being free... lol

i didnt spend to much time on it, but id like to get the live scanner pid's set up one day. see what they offer there. for free and does airbag and abs and obd2 and tcm, hot damn...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21