Tony Beets Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to watch it all the time. I just haven't really kept up with it in a few seasons.

I wish they could make TV shows without interjecting so much drama into them. It is not just this show it is the same with most shows. The premise starts out good and then the producers start thinking they need to do things to make it more interesting or keep people interested and it kind of ruins it in my opinion.

Some shows you watch and you think to yourself, wow, that was scripted.... lol
There isn’t much drama in Gold Rush. Might have been back when Todd Hoffman was still in it. Funny thing, I was working on building a new school here locally a couple summers ago and saw one of Todd’s guys working for a sheet metal contractor. Turns out that’s what he did before the show and that’s what he went back to.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure there are a few of you beside me that watch Gold Rush on The Discovery Channel. I’ve been watching good ole Tony Beets attempt to destroy his NNBS Denali for years. It’s really looking rough this year, no bumpers and all. I wanted to start this thread and document the slow death of this machine. I’m not sure what he does for maintenance but it still keeps on keeping on. If anybody has pictures or any information to share, here’s the place. I think his Denali is a real testament as to what these vehicles can survive. I’m sure it gets left up there all winter in subzero temps. I’m curious to find more about it. Here’s this weeks glamor shot. View attachment 271378
I noticed the same thing in last week’s show - the missing bumpers and the light on the roof that I had not seen before. Tony obviously has several Yukons and seems to beat them all to pieces.

I’ve been a fan of the show since the first episode but do not miss the Hoffman’s and all of Todd’s drama. I wish they had not combined Gold Rush with GR White Water as a continuous show. I don’t care at all for Fred Hurt. Didn’t like him on Gold Rush; don’t care for him on GR White Water. But, I have to admire that he dives for gold in dangerous white water at age 77.

BobBuilder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I watch the show regularly and a few season ago his daughter mentioned that the Denali is his favorite truck to drive. She goes on to say in that episode ton how he doesn't take care of the vehicles and that they have purchased a fleet of them for when he destroys them he just gets in another one and keeps it moving.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun Fact about that show - my wife's grandfather owns/owned the porcupine mine location. He passed away a few years ago and now my MIL has the ownership and leases the mining rights to the folks on the show or directly to Discovery channel.
I don’t think anyone is mining at porcupine creek anymore are they? I thought Parker mined that out.

And it looks like the Hoffmans are back for good after successfully running that mine in Alaska this season, they’re going back next year.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could tell ya for sure....I hate talking to the MIL about it-seems a little bitter that more money and the lack of notoriety didn't come from it. Let's just say it's a sore subject that we don't speak of anymore due to her going on and on and on....BTW, did I mention she was bitter! :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9