Tires that don’t suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run Uniroyal Laredos on my 99 Tahoe and 2012 Yukon and they're pretty good for the money. They last around 25 -30K miles, but I drive mostly highway miles. My Tahoe was originally sold in Canada. It came with Uniroyal Nailguard Tires, which were absolutely fantastic. I bought the truck in 2000 and didn't have to change the tires until 2008. And I used to 4 wheel in it all the time. So I looked for the Nailguards again. Found out they don't sell them in the U.S. only in Canada. But what it all comes down to is what your willing to spend and if the dealer is willing to let you try them out for X amount of miles to see if you like them. Most dealers are "You bought them their yours...End of discussion", but there are a few out there that will let you try them out. Good luck and I hope you get what you're looking for.

KatGV

Reaction score
Hey all,

the stock tires on my 2016 Denali are done. I have the 22 inch wheels so it’s been a rough ride since day one. Any suggestions or recommendations for tires that could produce a better ride? I know I’m limited due to the rim size but just want something better than stock.

thanks
I know this is probably not the answer you were looking for but, I have the stock 16's and I've always gotten BFG's and gotten 60,000+ miles out of these tires. I currently have BFG k2's. They are definitely worth the extra money, I have tried a few different tires over the years and they are toast way sooner than the BFG's so I end up going back to them. Good luck with your tire search.

Ron Mills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

the stock tires on my 2016 Denali are done. I have the 22 inch wheels so it’s been a rough ride since day one. Any suggestions or recommendations for tires that could produce a better ride? I know I’m limited due to the rim size but just want something better than stock.

thanks
I bought a 2012 Tahoe this year, it has 20's, they are rough riders unless I'm towing our 3500 lb trailer. The smaller the rim diameter, the smoother the ride... larger sidewall...

Reaction score
I only got 35K miles out of a set of Defenders (22s). That ticked me off enough to give something else a try. Not a fan of the factory Bridgestone Alenza (haven't tried their 80K Alenza Plus). I have 3-4K on the Nokian One HT. They don't ride better than the Defender, but I wouldn't say worse either. Handling is just as good, but slightly more road noise. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this tire in the snow. We got 10" this week in MN where I am, but I didn't get a chance to test it.

20200703_084110.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts