Tires that don’t suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUMTOY2

Reaction score
Hey all,

the stock tires on my 2016 Denali are done. I have the 22 inch wheels so it’s been a rough ride since day one. Any suggestions or recommendations for tires that could produce a better ride? I know I’m limited due to the rim size but just want something better than stock.

thanks
What lowering kit did you use.
I did mine with spindles, springs and shorter shocks. I run 24in snowflake wheels with 295 35 24 tires and the ride is nice. The kit you use will make a world of difference. 20200506_185230.jpg

warndogg

Reaction score
Another vote here for Michelin I'm on my second pair of LTX on the OBS those are 20s and I got my 06 Denali scheduled for a new set of 22s next week costco has 100 off a set this month FYI

BIG MO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To answer the question, Michelin Defenders for the 22s. I'm on 26s and the ride is fine. I think tire size is just a preference. If you like the 22s stick with the 22s.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my 22's with OEM GMC 20's. I found them on my local facebook marketplace. I bought the new tires from ebay, and a local shop did the mount and balancing. The ride is way better, and since I bought factory wheels, the sensors came with them. I did have to purchase a 11$ reprogramming tool from amazon to get those sensors to talk to my Yukon but I carefully repacked the tool and returned it.

Cheating and stealing and bragging about it. Way to go.

joe

DoggMcGruff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love the fact he’s sticking to the 22” no matter what! Don’t blame him at all. With our deep wheel wells anything under 22” just doesn’t look right to me either. Michelin’s defenders ltx all day! Quieter ride and excellent handling in inclement weather does it for me!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my hankook Ventura st's. Much better than the Bridgestones. I have them on 20" wheels though.

OP
OP
Illnasty

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What lowering kit did you use.
I did mine with spindles, springs and shorter shocks. I run 24in snowflake wheels with 295 35 24 tires and the ride is nice. The kit you use will make a world of difference. View attachment 260118
Ahhh, what? I didn’t lower the truck. I think you just wanted a post a pic of your truck lol. Looks good!!!

OP
OP
Illnasty

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the fact he’s sticking to the 22” no matter what! Don’t blame him at all. With our deep wheel wells anything under 22” just doesn’t look right to me either. Michelin’s defenders ltx all day! Quieter ride and excellent handling in inclement weather does it for me!

This☝️. I’m going with the defenders based on what y’all are saying. Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts