Tire Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some recommendations on a good tire for a 2016 Tahoe with 20" rims? I only have a little over 9000 miles but these Oem Continentals just arent working for me. Feel really unstable on uneven pavement and in the rain. I was considering the Michelin Ltx ms2's, but not sure. I live in Fl so an all season tire would be best. Any advice would be appreciated ;)

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
I live in central FL and had the LTX ms/2 on an suv. Best tire I ever had.

OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any info on the LTX premier tire? I'm also debating about getting those. It's a tossup between the two

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
I have read that many people are happy with the Premier and Defender but I have no personal experience with them.

OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Im going to go with the premier this Tuesday. Loved the latitude tours on my old tahoe and these are supposedly a big step up. Reviews look really good on these ;)

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Michellins are great tires. I'm on my 2nd set on a 04 GX470.
These continental are not bad. A friend of mentioned that is the same tire that Mercedes Benz bring. Don't know how true is that...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AngelXL , that is correct. Mercedes Benz puts continental pro contacts on a lot of their veihicles from the factory. I have several clients with a Benz rollin on the continental tires. I personally prefer the michelins. I currently have the ltx A/T2 on my stock Denali 17s. I absolutely love them. They handle well in all conditions that I've had to deal with so far. Which I live up in the mountains so we get plenty of rain and snow in the winter time. As well as driving the winding Mountain Roads. I just picked up a set of OEM Denali 20s off the newer body style Denali which will be going on to my 06 soon. I am going with the LTX M/S2 tires for my 20s only because they are slightly cheaper than the All terrain version. However they are still a great tire and I'm excited about rolling on them. Plus they look really nice as well.

Last edited:

damitchell

Reaction score
I just replaced the OEM Bridgstone Dueler Alenza HL Plus that cam on my 2016 Denali with the Bridgstone Dueler Revo 2. I have the 285-45R22 (22" rim) but I am pretty sure it comes in the 20". I needed something that could handle deer lease mud and some snow/ice when I travel up north and thought this would be a good middle of the road. Though I haven't put them off road yet nor in cold weather,,, the ride is the same as the Alenza with regard to sound and MPG. Hope that helps...

OP
OP
Cha0s13

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Michelin Ltx Premiers this morning. Wow! what a difference. These tires really seem to absorb the bumbs in the road. The Oem Continentals rode pretty crappy on uneven pavement and could never seem to get balanced properly. Super happy with these Michelins :)

Last edited:

Belqasem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought the Michelin Ltx Premiers this morning. Wow! what a difference. These tires really seem to absorb the bumbs in the road. The Oem Continentals rode pretty crappy on uneven pavement and could never seem to get balanced properly. Super happy with these Michelins :)
Dose new tires eliminated buffeting and cabin pressure ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts