Time needed for Camshaft Change 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocketman
What specs did you use? did you install it on the Denali or the crew cab?

Vinci High Performance "Trucker" cam :
DUR @ .050" 216*/ 224*LIFT .552/.552
LSA 115*5A

Dual valve springs, vitron seals, hardened pushrods and Yella Terra full roller rockers from them also. All on the Denali to go with a Whipple blower and American Racing headers. I had several conversations with Roger Vinci regarding what I had planned including trans and stall.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LSA 115*5A

Dual valve springs, vitron seals, hardened pushrods and Yella Terra full roller rockers from them also. All on the Denali to go with a Whipple blower and American Racing headers. I had several conversations with Roger Vinci regarding what I had planned including trans and stall.

What about someone with a stock LQ4 that wants more umpf but doesnt have the means to change converter right now? I'll do springs, seals, push rods and rockers tho

Like this one? Says nothing of converter but could still do springs rockers and pushrods

Screenshot_20190214-074934_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about someone with a stock LQ4 that wants more umpf but doesnt have the means to change converter right now? I'll do springs, seals, push rods and rockers tho

Like this one? Says nothing of converter but could still do springs rockers and pushrods

View attachment 216458
That should be fine but if you email them, I’m pretty sure Roger Vinci himself will answer you regarding the best cam for what you want to do. He helped me a lot.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
LSA 115*5A

Mark
Did you change out torque converter?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should be fine but if you email them, I’m pretty sure Roger Vinci himself will answer you regarding the best cam for what you want to do. He helped me a lot.

I'll have to remember that when I'm ready. Probably wont be a while. Me and the family will be moving this summer and hopefully buying a house. Gotta find one with. Garage :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark
Did you change out torque converter?
I did, but it was later and more due to the fact that I installed a supercharger and then blew the stock trans so I upgraded the trans and added a triple disc billet torque converter which Im pretty sure is what I broke a couple months ago. That or the transfer case. Or that new transmission....arrrggghhh. I’m currently waiting until good weather to tear it apart.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, Roger Vinci told me that cam would benefit from a different stall but it wasn’t necessary.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, Roger Vinci told me that cam would benefit from a different stall but it wasn’t necessary.

Really not sure where this post should go, but I wanted agree with Rocket Man and give the proper accolades to Vinci Performance. A couple of months ago, after towing our camper for a year or so, I decided to upgrade my 2002 Tahoe 5.3 engine with a new camshaft. I already had other mods installed including a Black Bear tune. All these mods were information obtained from this awesome forum. Not knowing where to purchase my camshaft, I once again turned to this forum. After reading about Vince's customer service, which is very important to me, I reached out to Vinci Performance. Roger Vinci himself responded to my email. He suggested a camshaft that would meet my requirements. Further discussions with Vinci Performance and I decided to go with Yella Terra roller rockers and upgraded springs and pushrods. Throughout the build process, I must of reached out to Vinci Performance 15-20 times and they always responded within 4-6 hours - sometimes quicker. By far, Vinci Performance provided the best customer service I have ever received. I will also be posting my accolades to Black Bear Performance. Justin and team have once again showed me that I made the right choice going with Black Bear.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really not sure where this post should go, but I wanted agree with Rocket Man and give the proper accolades to Vinci Performance. A couple of months ago, after towing our camper for a year or so, I decided to upgrade my 2002 Tahoe 5.3 engine with a new camshaft. I already had other mods installed including a Black Bear tune. All these mods were information obtained from this awesome forum. Not knowing where to purchase my camshaft, I once again turned to this forum. After reading about Vince's customer service, which is very important to me, I reached out to Vinci Performance. Roger Vinci himself responded to my email. He suggested a camshaft that would meet my requirements. Further discussions with Vinci Performance and I decided to go with Yella Terra roller rockers and upgraded springs and pushrods. Throughout the build process, I must of reached out to Vinci Performance 15-20 times and they always responded within 4-6 hours - sometimes quicker. By far, Vinci Performance provided the best customer service I have ever received. I will also be posting my accolades to Black Bear Performance. Justin and team have once again showed me that I made the right choice going with Black Bear.
Awesome. I also went with the Yella Terra full roller rockers after reading about the problems with trunnion upgrades to the stock ones. I just felt the rollers were worth it. Good to hear of your experience with Vinci.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645