Time for a tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Taylor wires arrived today. I bought the thundervolt 8.2 wires, they do not seem that empressive in the box. The boots seem short. These seemed like the street wire set. Is this what everyone is running?

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I wish this one would show the professional series part numbers.

I thought I got it to somehow one time. You can always cross it with Google or rock auto. I tend to buy OE line anyways most of the time. I HATE replacing parts with ones that aren't at least as good as what I took off.

My Taylor wires arrived today. I bought the thundervolt 8.2 wires, they don seem that empressive in the box. The boots seem short. These seemed like the street wire set. Is this what everyone is running?

No, 10.4. Look on ebay for VMS. The Taylor's I think are called Extreme.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I put the vin into the site and found the ac professional series part number of 213-2934. It shows this one for all four sensors.

Generally the professional series is better than the standard OE series. I know the pro water pump is the only way to go. Has anyone used the pro o2 sensors?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok, I put the vin into the site and found the ac professional series part number of 213-2934. It shows this one for all four sensors.

Generally the professional series is better than the standard OE series. I know the pro water pump is the only way to go. Has anyone used the pro o2 sensors?

This is a commonly held misconception due to them naming it "PRO". A basic delco part would be the "advantage" line. You will notice that OE is always more expensive than PRO. I believe there is a reason for that and tend to stick with it. The delco lines are as follows:

Screenshot_20181114-114104_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting I was told the pro was a step up... I better cancel that o2 order asap. I did send the 8.2 Taylors back to get the 10mm wires.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Interesting I was told the pro was a step up... I better cancel that o2 order asap. I did send the 8.2 Taylors back to get the 10mm wires.

Yup, like that water pump you said. The pro is about $80, the OE is $125. The pro stuff is good. Most guys use it for most things without hesitation. There have been a couple times I've opted for it, as well. I would think the O2s are just such an item. Pro should be just fine.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pro pump was specifically recommended over the oe unit. The research I did said it was an improvement as the oe’s were failing. This was two years ago I would guess. As for the o2, the oe has 2 part numbers and the pro only one, but if you read the reviews they state that the oe wires are sometimes to short when compared to the pro version. The pro version is pricer as well. Strange

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are times when Pro is the way to go over OE as you guys are discovering. I don't remember the particulars but there are some things where only PRO is available anymore.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The pro pump was specifically recommended over the oe unit. The research I did said it was an improvement as the oe’s were failing. This was two years ago I would guess. As for the o2, the oe has 2 part numbers and the pro only one, but if you read the reviews they state that the oe wires are sometimes to short when compared to the pro version. The pro version is pricer as well. Strange

Oh great. I've got the OE pump in my garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE