Thoughts on buying 2019 Tahoe this December? Before 2020's come out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020 order guide is already out with little to no changes. 2021 will be the all new model with possibly an early/mid cycle 2020 release date at best. Personally I would never buy the first year of an all new model but do as you wish if that's what you want. But like others have said, what's the point if you aren't upgrading models/engine, etc...

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whichever you buy, you'll have to change your name!

I'd always go with the ultimate of the last generation before being the guinea pig for the new one (first year model). That's what my daddy taught me anyways.

I’m with you wha the commotion with new model new model new model does everyone wanna be a guine pig . It propabaly full of bugs and it nice to drive new but it not that nice to be the tester of a new model year

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’ve been testing the heck out of this new model. It’s going to be more ready than the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradac

Reaction score
If you are the type of person who trades in every two years to “restart” your miles, I strongly just suggest leasing, it’s cheaper payments, and equity won’t matter. If I were you I would just hold it out, wait for the new models and then just lease it and trade in your current towards the lease. Your payments will be cheaper and if the new model has flaws you get to just give it back in 2 years and get a new one again.

dmad1

Reaction score
We have a '17 Tahoe LT with 45k and have been trying to trade with the local dealer for a demo '19. Salesman gave me an estimate last week and I went in to try to finalize it on Sat. They said the sale had ended on Fri. and they had gone up on the price $4900 and would not honor the deal we had agreed on. Sales manager would not budge on the new price. Won't be going back to that dealership in the future. I should have known better. I had tried to buy my '13 Vette from them and was basically blown off also. Went to a small town dealer and was able to buy the Vette and my wife a Tahoe the same week.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this forum is a great resource of why you should never buy a 1st year tahoe/Yukon.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like keeping the 2017 LT until the wheels fall off is the plan, and then the wife can lease whatever she wants. I am probably going to owe 25k on the 2017 by September.

Couple solid real estate/mortgage months in a row and I can probably just pay it off.

Other than that AC issue from a previous post, the LT has been great.

angelmom05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a discernible difference upgrading from a 17 to 19, especially at the same trim level.

I can only see upgrading to a 6.2 or LWB making sense.

Also, as people said, next gen should release ~2020 which would undoubtedly be a massive upgrade in comparison and would be worth the additional cost.

Other than those bright LED lights that serve as your daytime running lights! I’d trade for that alone. Sucks having your 2017 LT headlights as your DRL. Minor thing I know but hey it’s whatever you like.

Hrocks

Reaction score
I think this forum is a great resource of why you should never buy a 1st year tahoe/Yukon.

Amen brother! I've had some first year GM models, (the last of which was a 2007 Escalade) and they are notorious for using the early adopters as their final validation test bed. In the case of the GMT K2XX models, it took two (maybe more) years. No thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA