Paid off my 13' should I trade it while it's worth $$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course the ‘19 RST package tahoe is going to be faster than your 13 Z71. You’re talking a 6.2 V8 vs a 5.3 V8. That’s kind of a no brainer. That being said the GMT900 trucks from what I can see have a much higher longevity aspect than the current gen trucks. Having no car payment is definitely nice and new trucks aren’t always worth the new car payment.
yes the newer ones are not made as well as the older ones

they are expensive disposable lawn ornaments

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my nice '12 LT with 71k for $21k

I am going to go for a 2016-2018 LT model. I like the new styling and some of the new features and it was enough pull to make me switch. I am on the hunt for one now.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a bit advise for you... IF you decided to trade in your 13 and get a 20, you will get $24,000 for trade in, but what is a new one with similar options? Even if you got the Base model, bare bones Tahoe, you are looking at $48,000 I imagine there might be some intensives and other things to get the price down, but no one wants a base with no options... Even so, there is taxes, which is somewhere around $1200-1500 depending... So regardless you are going to be spending around $25000 for a new one...

Now sit back and think to yourself... what could I do to my truck for $25,000??? A freaking lot!!!

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a little job for you... IF you decided to trade in your 13 and get a 20, you will get $24,000 for trade in, but what is a new one with similar options? Even if you got the Base model, bare bones Tahoe, you are looking at $48,000 I imagine there might be some intensives and other things to get the price down, but no one wants a base with no options... Even so, there is taxes, which is somewhere around $1200-1500 depending... So regardless you are going to be spending around $25000 for a new one...

Now sit back and think to yourself... what could I do to my truck for $25,000??? A freaking lot!!!

That's one of several ways to look at it, and I don't disagree with it. And yet some people just want a newer model and always will, and that's fine, too.

Let each person spend, save or shift money as he sees fit! :)

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the 800 guys say the same about the 900s? Do the 400 guys say the same about the 800s? Do the squarebody guys say the same about the 400s?
newer cars are disposable they don't want you to fix them
and if you do it's nearly imposable with out spending an arm and a leg

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one of several ways to look at it, and I don't disagree with it. And yet some people just want a newer model and always will, and that's fine, too.

Let each person spend, save or shift money as he sees fit! :)
Absolutely, If you want a new truck, get a new truck. I have friends who are constantly buying new and selling cars to get something new, because they don't want he hassle of car repairs, or things being out of warranty, whatever, but that is their choice. I have 190K on my 07, I paid $25K for it, and even after I did some things, taxes, title transfer and all the other dealer gobblygook I was still under $30K. Around the same time I got mine, a friend bought a new truck and it was equipped about the same, I simply pointed out I paid $25K, it has 70K on it, but he has 0 miles, and paid $50,000. The end of the day, what could I do with $25K that he paid over mine? He looked at me funny as if he never thought about it that way.

The OP asked the question of whether or not he should trade it in, or keep it... Personally drive the snot out of it, if he is tired of it, then get something new... If he waits 2 years and buys a 2019 in two years with the same miles he puts on his 2013, he will be ahead financially, even if there are things to be fixed on the 19..

Looking at 2017's today, it appears that the depreciation of a typical mileage of 25,000 miles you save $20,000 over buying a brand new Premier... AND you have some warranty left...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094