Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're already able to wait that long, does it make sense to see if there's a mid cycle enhancement for the 2024 MY and order that instead? Demand certainly won't increase and there's really nowhere to go but up for supply.
Agreed. Order banks for 2023 opened June 16th of this year. If @TXNJ is waiting until "mid-Q2 of 2023", he may end up having to order a 2024 anyway.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
My concern with waiting for a refresh would be the likely bump in price. Then you have to worry about options going back on constraint which would bump the order further out. Unless GM somehow gets their supply chain issues back in order.

One of my musts was the air-ride / max tow, that couldn’t be ordered on the Denali trim until November. So from having an order converted to a 23 in June there was a dead space of months where you had a 100% no chance of getting your car picked up for a build.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Order banks for 2023 opened June 16th of this year. If @TXNJ is waiting until "mid-Q2 of 2023", he may end up having to order a 2024 anyway.

My concern with waiting for a refresh would be the likely bump in price. Then you have to worry about options going back on constraint which would bump the order further out. Unless GM somehow gets their supply chain issues back in order.

One of my musts was the air-ride / max tow, that couldn’t be ordered on the Denali trim until November. So from having an order converted to a 23 in June there was a dead space of months where you had a 100% no chance of getting your car picked up for a build.

And price!

The bump in price can be a concern but if income gains match the price increase then it's not as big of a problem. I understand that at a macro level incomes have not been keeping up with inflation.

Personally, one of my requirements was not to have the Air Ride suspension. It works great when the system is new but I don't want to run the risk of the system failing and the vehicle being undrivable because it's squatted to the ground. I would only consider it if it's a supplement to coil springs.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You need to find another dealer. I ordered Sept 3 and my tpw is December 5th for a yukon slt 4wd luxury package diesel. If you are not first at the dealer it will take forever.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
You need to find another dealer. I ordered Sept 3 and my tpw is December 5th for a yukon slt 4wd luxury package diesel. If you are not first at the dealer it will take forever.
I called 12 local dealers earlier in the year, only 3 were willing to sell an order at MSRP, only 1 lacked mandatory “add-ons” that jacked up the price, so that’s where I placed my order. Everyone also wanted at least a 1k deposit. Maybe if I call around again, those things have changed.

After learning how allocations and such really work I wouldn’t mind placing my order at every dealer so long as they didn’t require a deposit, and the price made sense.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called 12 local dealers earlier in the year, only 3 were willing to sell an order at MSRP, only 1 lacked mandatory “add-ons” that jacked up the price, so that’s where I placed my order. Everyone also wanted at least a 1k deposit. Maybe if I call around again, those things have changed.

After learning how allocations and such really work I wouldn’t mind placing my order at every dealer so long as they didn’t require a deposit, and the price made sense.
I will say I did pay a 1k deposit. Getting for slightly below msrp. The dealers who don't require deposits are the ones with tons on the lists ahead. Because like you 1 person leaves an order at 10 places and walks on 9 which jams things up.

If I was a business I would require a deposit too to prevent such nonsense.

I wouldn't pay any markups either so stick to your guns there.

Good luck!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I will say I did pay a 1k deposit. Getting for slightly below msrp. The dealers who don't require deposits are the ones with tons on the lists ahead. Because like you 1 person leaves an order at 10 places and walks on 9 which jams things up.

If I was a business I would require a deposit too to prevent such nonsense.

I wouldn't pay any markups either so stick to your guns there.

Good luck!
I called a very reputable dealer this past week and they were very pleasant to talk to. They were incredibly competitive based on price during the pandemic compared to other dealers and people were traveling across the country to take delivery.

Well, long story they said the estimated wait time for an order Yukon XL Denali gas with Max Trailering package would be 12-24 months. But they took my contact info to let me know of customer orders that end up not being sold.

I think that's a common theme with GM - a bunch of customers not taking delivery. I would imagine it's for a bunch of reasons to include the customer placing orders at multiple dealerships and taking delivery of the first arrival. Or it could just be the economy has deteriorated and interest rates have increased so much that people who aren't cash buyers are backing out.

Either way, this situation is a product of GM's ordering process where you're in a queue at the dealership level just to be placed into another queue at the national level. Ford's ordering process mitigates the need to place orders at multiple dealerships because you largely enter the national queue immediately. GM's process makes harder to gauge true demand.

Unless things change for GM, I will most likely order a F150 next since people are taking delivery within 3 months of vehicles priced 3% under invoice and revisit the full size SUV market in another 3-5 years.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called a very reputable dealer this past week and they were very pleasant to talk to. They were incredibly competitive based on price during the pandemic compared to other dealers and people were traveling across the country to take delivery.

Well, long story they said the estimated wait time for an order Yukon XL Denali gas with Max Trailering package would be 12-24 months. But they took my contact info to let me know of customer orders that end up not being sold.

I think that's a common theme with GM - a bunch of customers not taking delivery. I would imagine it's for a bunch of reasons to include the customer placing orders at multiple dealerships and taking delivery of the first arrival. Or it could just be the economy has deteriorated and interest rates have increased so much that people who aren't cash buyers are backing out.

Either way, this situation is a product of GM's ordering process where you're in a queue at the dealership level just to be placed into another queue at the national level. Ford's ordering process mitigates the need to place orders at multiple dealerships because you largely enter the national queue immediately. GM's process makes harder to gauge true demand.

Unless things change for GM, I will most likely order a F150 next since people are taking delivery within 3 months of vehicles priced 3% under invoice and revisit the full size SUV market in another 3-5 years.
Yeah that's crazy. When I take delivery I will give the full details of my dealer and deal. So far im 3 months in its getting built on the 5th. So im happy with the speed and progress. I wouldn't consider it if it took longer then 6 months.

Below invoice probably isn't too far off. But the big GM suvs are still the best at what they do currently so demand is there. Demand for everything is tapering off some because of interest but luxury vehicles don't get hit as hard since its such a large purchase to begin with.

Anyways i hope you get it figured out.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I also decided not to wait any longer and changed my order to a Sierra. Should know today if it got preference. Missed my pickup, so that was the straw that tipped the scales

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts