Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joneill89

Reaction score
Confirmed sighting of 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate on a dealer lot today. Not mine, but they said I could have it if financing falls through :)
Where are you located? Impatiently waiting for my in transit one to show up on the lot!

TaholyRoller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up my '23 z71 yesterday in the new Sterling Silver. 5.3l, Luxury PKG, Pano-Roof, 2nd row buckets and power fold all 3 rows. Traded in a '21 Yukon SLT Premium in Satin Steel. Some photos attached to compare the slight difference in color. It's a bit brighter or more pewter-toned in person.

Attachments

• Image 8-6-22 at 9.07 AM.jpg
    Image 8-6-22 at 9.07 AM.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 27

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my '23 z71 yesterday in the new Sterling Silver. 5.3l, Luxury PKG, Pano-Roof, 2nd row buckets and power fold all 3 rows. Traded in a '21 Yukon SLT Premium in Satin Steel. Some photos attached to compare the slight difference in color. It's a bit brighter or more pewter-toned in person.
Are people with 2022 orders still waiting on their vehicles when you've already received your 2023?

OP
OP
C

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are people with 2022 orders still waiting on their vehicles when you've already received your 2023?
Yes there are folks waiting for 22s still sitting at midlothian. Cant believe they got their 23 already. Im jealous since gm decided to punt my tpw back 6 weeks from its original tpw of laat week. My wife has gotten to the point she'd take a silverado just to finally get a new ride. I get my ride is going to be a lot less profit ride for gm with it being the base LS, but to bump my tpw back 6 weeks is rediculous. No reason for it and my dealer has never had one get bumped more than 2 weeks ever.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yukon was really nice, not that the z71 isnt either but why did u trade in already?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Yukon was really nice, not that the z71 isnt either but why did u trade in already?

not me but financially it probably made sense.

we've bought three vehicles in the past 6 months and was really only thinking about replacing one. we have three main vehicles and probably put about 90k/year spread across all three with the tahoe being the most...avg around 40/45k year and with a lot of our driving being out of state 5-6hr one way trips, we aren't trying to pay them off with 250-300k miles...need something dependable.

i'd imagine anyone that bought a 21 or 22 tahoe/yukon and didn't pay over sticker, even after putting some miles on it, can come out ahead and maybe even get a little extra equity out of trading for a new one

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening all, just wanted to start a thread about those folks ordering a 2023 to see how things progress with them and their orders.

I will start it off. Ordered my 2023 on june 16th, Radiant Red tintcoat, LS with drivers alert package. I checked with gm chat( an actual person) on june 24th, and the order has been accepted and in process to get built. They said to check next week for updates, so i will check back next Thursday.

Side note, to all of those stuck in midlothian, i feel terrible that yours are all stuck there and cant get any good i formation as to why they are there. Hope you all get them all shipped out to you folks in a quick manner.

Updated thread title to clarify that others who order 2023s can post as well.
I’m in British Columbia Canada. Early June of 2022 the dealership here placed a order for a 2023 YUKON Danali Ultimate. I have been waiting for a log while as well for either a Tahoe or Yukon cause my 2021 Tahoe died. I had 4 orders for both Tahoe and Yukons were cancelled a few weeks before June. The 4 orders were for 2022 model Denali and High Country models. On August 5, 2022 I was notified by GM Canada team that the order is now at event 3000 so it’s now giving more hope that I will get a truck rather than the beat around the bush. This week of August 7, 2022, GM Canada should be informing me with what is on constraint for the new order. At this point anything on constraint for a higher model for a new build is a joke when they didn’t have the ultimate before. To be honest I don’t even understand why they brought another model with even more bells and whistles but then claim there are constraints. Don’t get me wrong I am happy with now being at event 3000 but it’s disappointing having to sit at event 1100 for multiple orders and then the highly likelihood of cancellation of orders too like I’ve had even happen. In Canada the allocation is a joke and less vehicles are given here than in USA.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not me but financially it probably made sense.

we've bought three vehicles in the past 6 months and was really only thinking about replacing one. we have three main vehicles and probably put about 90k/year spread across all three with the tahoe being the most...avg around 40/45k year and with a lot of our driving being out of state 5-6hr one way trips, we aren't trying to pay them off with 250-300k miles...need something dependable.

i'd imagine anyone that bought a 21 or 22 tahoe/yukon and didn't pay over sticker, even after putting some miles on it, can come out ahead and maybe even get a little extra equity out of trading for a new one

I believe that is changing now. My friend, an auto broker, is saying the profits for flipping a car are decreasing significantly that he's pretty much canceled his refundable car orders. Dealers are also coming to the realization that the carrying costs of their floor plan will increase as interest rates increase.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in British Columbia Canada. Early June of 2022 the dealership here placed a order for a 2023 YUKON Danali Ultimate. I have been waiting for a log while as well for either a Tahoe or Yukon cause my 2021 Tahoe died. I had 4 orders for both Tahoe and Yukons were cancelled a few weeks before June. The 4 orders were for 2022 model Denali and High Country models. On August 5, 2022 I was notified by GM Canada team that the order is now at event 3000 so it’s now giving more hope that I will get a truck rather than the beat around the bush. This week of August 7, 2022, GM Canada should be informing me with what is on constraint for the new order. At this point anything on constraint for a higher model for a new build is a joke when they didn’t have the ultimate before. To be honest I don’t even understand why they brought another model with even more bells and whistles but then claim there are constraints. Don’t get me wrong I am happy with now being at event 3000 but it’s disappointing having to sit at event 1100 for multiple orders and then the highly likelihood of cancellation of orders too like I’ve had even happen. In Canada the allocation is a joke and less vehicles are given here than in USA.
The reason you’ll get an Ultimate vs all the other orders is because GM will make the most profit on those.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is changing now. My friend, an auto broker, is saying the profits for flipping a car are decreasing significantly that he's pretty much canceled his refundable car orders. Dealers are also coming to the realization that the carrying costs of their floor plan will increase as interest rates increase.

I'd agree to an extent for sure...car buyer buying from a new car dealer at a $5-8k markup and then trying to make another $5k is fading away...the normal consumer that isn't really trying to flip it, but think of it as trading sooner, may be around for a little while longer...I'd look at it from two different situations - both of which are favorable IMO.

1) Drive whatever you bought for 6-9-12 months and then sell/trade at a price point equal to or higher than what you paid for it

2) Drive whatever you bought for 6-9-12 months and then sell/trade at a price point equal to or higher than the replacement cost of the same vehicle you're driving

both are atypical of the normal car market, first one you're likely to have to shell out some for sales taxes but still likely to come out ahead while the second is flat out gaining equity (for those that financed) and really driving down the cost of owning/driving per mile... while you get a new vehicle with warranty

After ordering an identical 2023 Z71 tahoe, I'm watching how our 22 Z71 is trending with its trade in value...right now it's $5k over what we paid and $3k over what the new one will cost. Even if the value of the 22 is even or a little less than the 2023, we'll be happy...

now the optics aren't ideal, but optics aren't paying the bills

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz