Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening all, just wanted to start a thread about those folks ordering a 2023 to see how things progress with them and their orders.

I will start it off. Ordered my 2023 on june 16th, Radiant Red tintcoat, LS with drivers alert package. I checked with gm chat( an actual person) on june 24th, and the order has been accepted and in process to get built. They said to check next week for updates, so i will check back next Thursday.

Side note, to all of those stuck in midlothian, i feel terrible that yours are all stuck there and cant get any good i formation as to why they are there. Hope you all get them all shipped out to you folks in a quick manner.

Updated thread title to clarify that others who order 2023s can post as well.

Last edited:

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate with 3.0L Diesel, Titanium Rush Metallic. Dealer hasn’t received an allocation for a Denali Ultimate yet and I believe the diesel is on constraint as well.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally ordered March 31st - '22 Yukon XL SLE w/ Duramax and front bench seat. We wanted max tow, but took that off in hopes the order would get picked up - no such luck.

Order was resubmitted last Thursday 6/23 as a '23 MY same configuration as above, but we added max tow and the pro safety plus package. I was told by the dealer that those that ordered a '22 but did not get their order accepted would be the first in line for '23s...

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally ordered March 31st - '22 Yukon XL SLE w/ Duramax and front bench seat. We wanted max tow, but took that off in hopes the order would get picked up - no such luck.

Order was resubmitted last Thursday 6/23 as a '23 MY same configuration as above, but we added max tow and the pro safety plus package. I was told by the dealer that those that ordered a '22 but did not get their order accepted would be the first in line for '23s...
GM advised my dealer this morning that they were not building my 22, even though the status was 2200. Said the diesel was on constraint for the remaining 22 MY. They resubmitted it as a 23, but the color we ordered on the 22 isn't available any longer. I picked White Frost Tricoat for the color, but will see what the wife wants. She picked the color. Being down 2 vehicles is the pits, at least one will be here later next month, maybe the GM will be here sometime before the turn of the century.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole thing makes me wanna just give up and wait till 2024.
That's my plan as well, but I see indications that the car market is turning around.

My friend that is an auto broker is saying luxury European manufacturers are starting to build inventory on dealer lots.

This past weekend, a coworker went to look for a mid size 3 row SUV for his wife and stumbled upon dealerships with new inventory on their lots (5+ new Subaru Ascents) at MSRP or below. One GMC dealership offered $5k off MSRP for a new GMC Acadia.

Now granted, none of those vehicles have the same demand as these 1/2 ton based full size SUVs. But I think we're starting to see the market turn and I suspect demand destruction is a huge part of it.

garymyman

Reaction score
I placed an order for a 22 SLT Diesel in January. Then radio silence - not unexpected. When I heard about the change to ‘23 production I called my sales guy to ask if I needed to do anything.
Well… he’d been let go. And my order had never been placed. But my new sales guy said he had several 23’s available - GM is “building whatever they can”, so dealer stock essentially.

I have an 2023 SLT with a paid deposit, status 3000, and a TPW of 7/25/22, and a very weird build. Only option besides captains chairs is a sunroof. The luxury package is on constraint. I think I’m getting hammered for the onstar bundle, too. But the dealer is giving a generous (insane) discount, which I will speak on more when/if it all works out.

Target delivery is early September.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a tpw already for a 23?? Im hoping mine gets a tpw this week. Good luck!

garymyman

Reaction score
You have a tpw already for a 23?? Im hoping mine gets a tpw this week. Good luck!
Thank you - If the deposit hadn’t been paid & if the dealer didn’t have such a great reputation, I’d be way more skeptical.

Here’s the order detail (note: 5.3 not 3.0):
IMG_2284.jpg

Last edited:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you - If the deposit hadn’t been paid & if the dealer didn’t have such a great reputation, I’d be way more skeptical.

Here’s the order detail (note: 5.3 not 3.0):
View attachment 373962

I assume you dropped the Luxury package?

I'm curious if anyone with the Duramax or Luxury package actually had their order accepted for MY 2023? I heard both were on constraint which is why I haven't been able to put in orders yet. I'm just unwilling to compromise on those two items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt