Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Got an update from GM chat today that is exciting! Waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they have indeed received it.

2023 Yukon XL Denali 4WD with 3.0 diesel, advanced tech, premium capability package, max trailering, adaptive cruise, super cruise, power side steps, and 2nd row bench.
2/6/21-Initial order with local dealer
10/12/22-Placed order with a large dealer
11/11/22-status code 2000
11/16/22-status code 3000
12/12/22-status code 3300
12/19/22-status code 3400 TPW=1/2/23
1/7/23-status code 3800 and VIN available from dealer
1/10/23-status code 4300 and window sticker available
1/18/23-status code 5000
I went to pick it up Friday (1/20). Upon arriving, the salesman pointed out that there as a problem with the paint. I had ordered it with black emblems. Turns out those are a dealer installed option and when they removed the chrome labels, they got a bit aggressive with removing the adhesive. Said they followed the book, but who knows. The salesman is who noticed it and immediately brought it to my attention when I arrived. He was super apologetic about it. Honestly, if he hadn't pointed it out, I likely would have not noticed for quite some time. Ours is volcanic red tint coat and in the areas where they removed the adhesive, it looked slightly orange. I'm guessing they used a rubber wheel and overheated the clearcoat, but I'm not an expert whatsoever. Their service manager thought he could get it cleaned up, so I waited. By the end of the day, they weren't confident with their results.

So they offered to send me home in a loaner (I live 2.5hrs away and caught a ride with my sister who coincidentally was passing through there anyway). They are sending it to be repainted and will deliver it to me later this week.

I wasn't planning to get any extra coverage or warranty, but I did end up getting their 7 year paint and interior coverage. I am a little nervous about it becoming a problem someday. Any advice? Should I cover the affected areas with PPF as additional insurance?

Overall she looks great. Can't wait to have her home in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 10

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
I went to pick it up Friday (1/20). Upon arriving, the salesman pointed out that there as a problem with the paint. I had ordered it with black emblems. Turns out those are a dealer installed option and when they removed the chrome labels, they got a bit aggressive with removing the adhesive. Said they followed the book, but who knows. The salesman is who noticed it and immediately brought it to my attention when I arrived. He was super apologetic about it. Honestly, if he hadn't pointed it out, I likely would have not noticed for quite some time. Ours is volcanic red tint coat and in the areas where they removed the adhesive, it looked slightly orange. I'm guessing they used a rubber wheel and overheated the clearcoat, but I'm not an expert whatsoever. Their service manager thought he could get it cleaned up, so I waited. By the end of the day, they weren't confident with their results.

So they offered to send me home in a loaner (I live 2.5hrs away and caught a ride with my sister who coincidentally was passing through there anyway). They are sending it to be repainted and will deliver it to me later this week.

I wasn't planning to get any extra coverage or warranty, but I did end up getting their 7 year paint and interior coverage. I am a little nervous about it becoming a problem someday. Any advice? Should I cover the affected areas with PPF as additional insurance?

Wow, looks really nice
I can’t see the problem you’re talking about so it’s tough to advise

pruittatl

Reaction score

She looks great!

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Wow, looks really nice
I can’t see the problem you’re talking about so it’s tough to advise
I have a close up photo of the areas, and you cant even see it there. Like I said, if the salesman hadn't pointed it out, I likely never would have known. It is a slight discoloration just around the areas they replaced the badging. They should be delivering it tomorrow or the day after, so shouldn't be much longer and I'll have this 2 year journey behind us.

Lesson learned...order through a large dealer. Once I moved our order to Laura Buick GMC, it was three months from deposit to delivery. Ask for Danny Griffiths and tell him Derek sent you.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a close up photo of the areas, and you cant even see it there. Like I said, if the salesman hadn't pointed it out, I likely never would have known. It is a slight discoloration just around the areas they replaced the badging. They should be delivering it tomorrow or the day after, so shouldn't be much longer and I'll have this 2 year journey behind us.

Lesson learned...order through a large dealer. Once I moved our order to Laura Buick GMC, it was three months from deposit to delivery. Ask for Danny Griffiths and tell him Derek sent you.
Good to know. I check their web site at times for how their inventory looks.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Good to know. I check their web site at times for how their inventory looks.
All of the Yukons on their site are pre-sold. They are taking new orders. They are getting a decent inventory built of up Sierras and other models. If you're in the market, call and get your name on a list for them to call if they end up with a vehicle that someone backed out on.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word of advice: do not rely upon the inventory list of the dealers. They are either inaccurate or outdated. Chances are listed models are pre sold even if in transit. I have to manually inquire about each model I want to see if it’s available. Only Sewell GMC that I knows of puts “pending sale” on their inventory list which is helpful.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...or even an even better option would be for the vehicles to not appear online. If someone wanted to get an idea of how many SUVs a dealer may be getting I guess it'd be helpful

our 23 order never showed up in either the GM inventory or the dealer's online inventory - when I asked the salesman he said they mark them sold in the system and that keeps them from being listed on their website

duckknot

Reaction score
Well, still no update....

BUT, local dealership has the exact vehicle we have on order coming in, just got off the phone and of course it's currently spoken for, but he is going to give me a call when it comes in so we can at least come look at it and see if we want to stick with the color we ordered or change. Also mentioned that if buyer were to back out or anything we'd be there to buy it the same day...fingers crossed for a miracle!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the Yukons on their site are pre-sold. They are taking new orders. They are getting a decent inventory built of up Sierras and other models. If you're in the market, call and get your name on a list for them to call if they end up with a vehicle that someone backed out on.

So the Sierra, at least for my use case, simply isn't a viable option because of it's 24 gallon gas tank. I would like to tow my track car longer distances to other tracks like WGI, VIR, LRP, Palmer, NJMP, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio and the need to find a gas station every 200-250 miles in a GM (gas) 1/2 ton versus every 300-400 miles in a F150 (36 gallon gas tank) matters. If I went the 1/2 ton pickup route, I would be limited to the F150.

And the issue is that once I'm invested in that ecosystem with a F150 purchase, I'm more likely to follow that up with an Expedition Max purchase than I would be for a GM full size SUV purchase later on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n