Thinking of moving from Escalade to Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful in Virginia. Troopers will pull you if they see the driver watching a video.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I'm retired law enforcement in MD and I know a lot of VA state Troopers. I don't watch it up front but I use it to get my kid's movies ready since they can't read the screen to get past the previews of movies on to watching whatever movie they have in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a Tahoe once that was a rental. Had 7k miles and a 100k mile warranty. Was nervous but was an awesome truck. Not sure I'd want to risk it with the NNBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as rental cars go I bought 5 CPO vehicles since 1985..All were former rental cars..Cadillac,Caprice,Impala,Explorer and Town Car..Bought them all with about 20K miles on them..They were all about 10 months old.

All were serviced every 5K miles according to service records that I made the dealer pull..Had no issues with any of them..Put 200K miles on all of them..The Town Cars [4.6 V8] went over 300K miles.

When I was looking for a one year Tahoe [2016] everyone wanted around 44K bucks for them with virtually no warranty..They offered me a limited warranty for 3500 bucks..All Tahoes I looked at had between 40-50K miles on them.

I know the Tahoe and Suburban rentals go out immediately as soon as it is returned as they are hard to get to rent in my neck of the woods..I actually got a really nice guy who worked for Enterprise who would call me when one came in when I needed one..That is rare as no other rental company would do that for me..They others said if a Tahoe or a Suburban is there I could get it otherwise I had to get whatever is on the lot..That is why they have so many miles on them so quickly.

In the end I bought a brand new 2016 Tahoe LT with the luxury package for 4500 bucks more then the ones I looked at..Saw on a online add and went immediately to the dealer..After I got there more people were showing up for it.

I must be one of the only people on this earth to actually take care of rental vehicles under my watch..I treat them the same way or better then my own vehicle.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm retired law enforcement in MD and I know a lot of VA state Troopers. I don't watch it up front but I use it to get my kid's movies ready since they can't read the screen to get past the previews of movies on to watching whatever movie they have in

I live in Loudon County, Va and half the time you see them with no seat belts and looking at their phones. My son has a video of one doing it

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all trucks with magnetic ride suspension tend to have suspension failure around 50k miles. in the front.
$1800 fix at the dealer. so consider that when buying used.

hunter991

Reaction score
all trucks with magnetic ride suspension tend to have suspension failure around 50k miles. in the front.
$1800 fix at the dealer. so consider that when buying used.

what fails on the MRS? i haven't heard that before.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the struts seize up.
i had 3 friends replace their shocks on their suburban ltzs.all around 50k miles.

i am happy with my LT with regular shocks :)

velocanman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use it to get my kid's movies ready since they can't read the screen to get past the previews of movies on to watching whatever movie they have in

A little trick I use is to rip my DVDs to digital, stripping out the menu, and burning only the movie to a DVD-R. Drop it in the player and it starts right at the movie.

A side benefit is it you carry around the backup instead of the original in the vehicle.

Disney is really annoying with the previews that you can't skip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

velocanman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I can't believe all of the features i've been missing (push start, touchscreen radio, lane keep assist, apple carplay, playing movies from usb, etc).

If you can afford it, go for it, but you can really upgrade the multimedia in your existing ride if you are semi-handy with electronics.

I added a NAV and DVD head unit to my Suburban and I really improved the experience. Our kids watch tablets and digital video, but I was thinking about adding some seatback monitors someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I live in Loudon County, Va and half the time you see them with no seat belts and looking at their phones. My son has a video of one doing it
Trust me Danny I know! I've seen a few of them and it pissed me off. The ones on my squad I would sometimes just reprimand them but some would send them to IA because of his former complaints they had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01

Latest posts