Thinking of moving from Escalade to Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franknitty69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got a free upgrade to a 17 Yukon Denali (thanks avis) and I was pleasantly surprised. It's nice. Super nice. I have an 08 Escalade in the shop, and now after driving the Denali I'm thinking of selling the esky for a 15/16 Denali.

I can't believe all of the features i've been missing (push start, touchscreen radio, lane keep assist, apple carplay, playing movies from usb, etc).

Cadillac wants too much for a 15/16 esky, soo Yukon...here I come.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea man, this generation (GEN4) is the biggest upgrade yet on these trucks. If look hard enough you can find similar buttons and plastics in a GEN3 and GEN1.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was originally debating between a used 2015 and new 2016 Suburban, I found that the cost difference was relatively small (just a few thousand dollars). That taken with the high mileage (30k+), not much warranty unless I wanted to pay an additional $2k for CPO, and a higher interest rate steered me back towards a new Suburban. Also, most used Suburbans were former rentals and Uber vehicles that led a hard life.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was originally debating between a used 2015 and new 2016 Suburban, I found that the cost difference was relatively small (just a few thousand dollars). That taken with the high mileage (30k+), not much warranty unless I wanted to pay an additional $2k for CPO, and a higher interest rate steered me back towards a new Suburban. Also, most used Suburbans were former rentals and Uber vehicles that led a hard life.

I personally would never buy a rental. As a kid and even an adult the first thing I would do in a rental are neutral drops and ebrake donuts. Not to mention I would drive it like a manual transmission.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally would never buy a rental. As a kid and even an adult the first thing I would do in a rental are neutral drops and ebrake donuts. Not to mention I would drive it like a manual transmission.
I personally think that's terrible but to each their own. On the flip side, stuff like that done by people like you are covered under powertrain warranty for 5 years. Most rentals are only a year old so there's probably a few years of warranty and hopefully any problems would arise during that time. The other bumper-bumper stuff is going to break whether it's a rental or not. Just buy extended warranty if really concerned. 2016 rentals with very low mileage are going for nearly $20k less than MRSP in some areas without negotiating. That's a huge difference. I'd do it. People who abuse cars probably can't afford or would rent $100/day vehicles. At least rentals are maintained too... we just bought my wife a 2016 Altima former rental for 40% off MRSP and it still has full warranty. Drives awesome and the paint looks brand new (it's black). Super happy with it. Most car owners don't even know what a clay bar or wax is so I wouldn't trust one owner any more than I would a rental company.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think that's terrible but to each their own. On the flip side, stuff like that done by people like you are covered under powertrain warranty for 5 years. Most rentals are only a year old so there's probably a few years of warranty and hopefully any problems would arise during that time. The other bumper-bumper stuff is going to break whether it's a rental or not. Just buy extended warranty if really concerned. 2016 rentals with very low mileage are going for nearly $20k less than MRSP in some areas without negotiating. That's a huge difference. I'd do it. People who abuse cars probably can't afford or would rent $100/day vehicles. At least rentals are maintained too... we just bought my wife a 2016 Altima former rental for 40% off MRSP and it still has full warranty. Drives awesome and the paint looks brand new (it's black). Super happy with it. Most car owners don't even know what a clay bar or wax is so I wouldn't trust one owner any more than I would a rental company.

I whole heartedly agree that I'm a dick with rental cars. I couldn't defend myself one bit.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Funny you're thinking this because I did the same thing! I traded my 08 Escalade in for a 2016 Suburban and love it! The amount of new features is unbelievable. Our Escalades are really nice but the new Suburban has so many more features and it's really nice having 3 tvs and Blu Ray player. First thing I did was getting the video in motion so the front screen works while driving.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Tahoe once that was a rental. Had 7k miles and a 100k mile warranty. Was nervous but was an awesome truck. Not sure I'd want to risk it with the NNBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv