Thinking of getting an electric exhaust valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Exhaust cutouts are cool... what is your question exactly.

OP
OP
TravisBurrell

TravisBurrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My question was on the electronic open and close cut outs. I was curious if anyone had any input on the quality of the one I posted. Also if anyone had any input or suggestions about these electronic open and close valves or installation suggestions.

Anything.

I feel like only 5 people visit this forum. I cant believe the lack of responses I get on this forum compared to any other forum im a part of with my other vehicles in the past.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My question was on the electronic open and close cut outs. I was curious if anyone had any input on the quality of the one I posted. Also if anyone had any input or suggestions about these electronic open and close valves or installation suggestions.

Anything.

I feel like only 5 people visit this forum. I cant believe the lack of responses I get on this forum compared to any other forum im a part of with my other vehicles in the past.

I can't speak to your questions directly as I have never had the electric cutouts but my guess is that if Summit is selling them they are probably decent quality.

As far as the motors are concerned, I would think they should last a long time considering you wouldn't be opening and closing them a great deal I wouldn't think.

It's important to bump your thread up to the top once in a while to spark interest and get more responses.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give the forum a chance, there's plenty of activity here. Responses to your posts might not come right away depending on your questions, but they will come especially if you come back once in awhile and re-post like @kbuskill mentioned. There's probably not many here, if any, that run an exhaust cutout so you might not get any input for awhile. Most of us just run open headers if we want it loud, a good catback if we want it kinda loud, or just a good muffler if we want a bit more grumble than stock. Myself, I run longtubes with hi-flow cats and and a muffler that actually makes it sound louder than straight pipes. That along with a blower and cam. I like it loud lol.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would suggest spending a bit more and get a varex xforce muffler put in. same idea with those mufflers as the cutout your looking at. flip of a switch you get a nice mellow or quiet exh or a straight through muffler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout