Thinking of Buying a 07-14 NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gentleman I have been put in charge of making a sticky with common questions asked on the forum. These include common problems (please provide fixes and pics), some of the common mods (provide pics, step by step instructions, etc.) i.e. not air ride but maybe leveling the rear or front. I am also leaving this up to you guys a bit, if you think it is good info then please post it up.

This will be multiple stickies but will hopefully eliminate multiple posts on the same subject and also frustration from new users.

What I have thought of so far:

1) AFM and oil consumption
Need fixes and common symptoms to look for.
2) Dash cracks
Need common locations with pictures.
3) Rear defrost plugs breaking
Need fixes and pics

I haven't owned one of these in a few years so I know I am forgetting a ton of stuff.

Keep the needless chatter out as it will be deleted and basically make my job harder.

Thank you in advance for the help! :flowers2:
BCM made my 2007 Z71 instrument display go nuts. Speedo at 40mph rpm at 1200 while going 60. Stayed that way at PARK in the driveway and while backing up and after engine shutdown it would not start and showed the same readings. Oh and gas was on empty. No crank. Seems to be okay when BCM was replaced.

2Cool2Fool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gentleman I have been put in charge of making a sticky with common questions asked on the forum. These include common problems (please provide fixes and pics), some of the common mods (provide pics, step by step instructions, etc.) i.e. not air ride but maybe leveling the rear or front. I am also leaving this up to you guys a bit, if you think it is good info then please post it up.

This will be multiple stickies but will hopefully eliminate multiple posts on the same subject and also frustration from new users.

What I have thought of so far:

1) AFM and oil consumption
Need fixes and common symptoms to look for.
2) Dash cracks
Need common locations with pictures.
3) Rear defrost plugs breaking
Need fixes and pics

I haven't owned one of these in a few years so I know I am forgetting a ton of stuff.

Keep the needless chatter out as it will be deleted and basically make my job harder.

Thank you in advance for the help! :flowers2:

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
I have owned my '07 GMC Yukon for 14yrs.

No oil burning AFM problems at all.
Still on original brakes ( rig only has 70K miles )

I have experienced the water in right rear pass door / water drain problem when vehicle sits outside - non driven for weeks. Quickly drains when door is opened or vehicle moves.

The rear tailgate latch is getting a little finicky to open - but not that big a deal as of yet.

zero mechanical issues ( minor or major )

Likely will own it another 10-20yrs. Will be moving from Seattle to Ohio in a year or so, salted roads have me alittle concerned as my rig has zero rust issues.

ricki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning.

I have a line on a new tow vehichle and could use some advice. 2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ trim. A very nice lady down the street bought new, garaged, dealer serviced 13k miles. Of course it has oil leaks. Not sure from where.

Wondering what you guys think about purchase. Asking is 25k. Car is mint sans oil leaks and airbag recalls. Thought on price and oil leaks? Avoid or?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning.

I have a line on a new tow vehichle and could use some advice. 2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ trim. A very nice lady down the street bought new, garaged, dealer serviced 13k miles. Of course it has oil leaks. Not sure from where.

Wondering what you guys think about purchase. Asking is 25k. Car is mint sans oil leaks and airbag recalls. Thought on price and oil leaks? Avoid or?
That's a lot of money for a 2010, but 13K is as low mileage as it gets. I'd say be careful. I've seen low mileage vehicles (<20K miles) with a ton of internal problems because they were driven literally half a mile every other day. One woman I knew bought a new Cougar, drove it 2/10s of a mile each way to her job every day, and almost nowhere else. Engine was dead with 15K on the clock 10 years later. Internal corrosion - oil never got warm enough to boil off the combustion byproducts. If one of these trucks with 13K on it is leaking oil, I'm betting there's more to the story you don't know, even if it's 11-12 years old.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning.

Nope. 15k miles in over 10 years? That's an average of 125 miles a month.

Too little use, too much time. I'm all for low miles when buying used, but not that low. Hard pass.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning.

tell them to get the oil leaks repaired at the dealer for that price or they will need to discount it 2500

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe you are going to get the pictures you wanted……but they do have me worried about the 09 Yukon I bought.

CruelJung

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right rear door lock knob rattles like crazy on mine on washboard (dirt) roads. Will use flocking tape to isolate.
I had this issue with my front driver side door. I wrapped yellow pipe thread tape around the top of the rod before re-installing the lock knob and that solved the problem for me--figured it was the plastic knob components rattling on the metal rod internally, rather than the lock knob rattling on the door panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645