Think of getting a mdi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still getting the error but atheist the tech2 is reacting
ACDelco also has processor speed and installed memory requirements that you have to meet. Joe taught me that we can only use the Tech-2 as a pass-thru device now, either run a 100 foot CAT5 from the PC out to the Tech-2 at the car or get a new laptop in my case.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One would think that a message would generate if the computer was not "compatible" with the SPS2 system...but then again, I am thinking logically! I posted yesterday that I was having an issue with my Tech2 and getting the same error as OP. Using an older Core2Duo laptop, 6GB RAM, Win10 to test with. I guess I will take my laptop out to test - mine is an I7, 16GB, Win10 and see if the results are any different.

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, no change with the other laptop but a different error. E9043 is what I am getting now, sadly!
My laptop has 5gb of ram so I'm guessing I'm going to have to get ram cards it goes and acts like will connect through the tech2 but then the error

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My laptop has 5gb of ram so I'm guessing I'm going to have to get ram cards it goes and acts like will connect through the tech2 but then the error
I tried to use the Tech2 with 2 different laptops (1 had 6GB and 1 with 16GB) without success.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See my posting under Tech Info section for a show and tell of MDI device

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
call tech support, (during business hours -eastern time) it's included with your price paid for programming/subscription
1-888-212-8959

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
call tech support, (during business hours -eastern time) it's included with your price paid for programming/subscription
1-888-212-8959
I was encouraged to call as well - hate talking to call center support so that option was not for me. Others may be willing to go that route but I didn't want to have to call every time I wanted to use the SPS site - my preference only no reflection of the advise given.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali

Latest posts