They stole my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Brian, and I'm new to the site. I have a 2001 Tahoe that was stolen and they ripped apart my ignition. After I put a new ignition in when I pull the key out the doors don't unlock anymore can anyone tell me what it is that triggers the actuators to unlock the doors?

Scottycamaroz28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I remember correctly on the 00-02 trucks there is a sequence with the lock button that you should be able to google to set up the auto lock and unlock feature. I remember doing something with it on my 00 tahoe when I had to reprogram my new key fobs

Scottycamaroz28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I remember correctly on the 00-02 trucks there is a sequence with the lock button that you should be able to google to set up the auto lock and unlock feature. I remember doing something with it on my 00 tahoe when I had to reprogram my new key fobs

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Hopefully, you will become a participating member to the conversations on this Forum.

Scottycamaroz28 gave you one suggestion, and others will chime in with their suggestions and perspectives.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
likely need to be reprogrammed, if you have your owners manual im sure it tells you exactly how to do it.

if not search your year make and model on google, there out there for free in pfd form. ive found one for all my cars, its actually easier to navigate and see cause you can zoom in and click on chapters and get taken right to them.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Brian, and I'm new to the site. I have a 2001 Tahoe that was stolen and they ripped apart my ignition. After I put a new ignition in when I pull the key out the doors don't unlock anymore can anyone tell me what it is that triggers the actuators to unlock the doors?

Glad you got it back!

OP
OP
B

Bruan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
likely need to be reprogrammed, if you have your owners manual im sure it tells you exactly how to do it.

if not search your year make and model on google, there out there for free in pfd form. ive found one for all my cars, its actually easier to navigate and see cause you can zoom in and click on chapters and get taken right to them.

Scotty, i have heard of programming your keyless remote, but rhat is not what im looking for. Beforw when you shut the truck off and pulled the key, thw diirs would unlock. They dont unlock evwr since.i changed the ignition cylender

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scotty, i have heard of programming your keyless remote, but rhat is not what im looking for. Beforw when you shut the truck off and pulled the key, thw diirs would unlock. They dont unlock evwr since.i changed the ignition cylender

read the manual. it should be in there. you can make the locks lock when you put it in gear, or after you start to move. same deal for when you park .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts