The right price for Suburban 2500 6.0L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All those pics but they never showed driver side so are they also hiding excessive seat wear or something else and they dont show the odometer

LowBurb13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That thing is really rough for the mileage. I just paid $19,200 for a 1500 Suburban with 80k that looks lile it's off the lot new. I would say in that condition no more than $14-15k. It needs body work and new headlights for me.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
TX is your friend. If you have the truck inspected by these guys, your a$$ is covered AND you can negotiate the price down from your out of state couch.

https://texasfirstautoinspections.com

You can save enough dough to have the he truck shipped back home or, like said, flying is dirt cheap. I have a Govt buddy fly out from Europe this week for $500 round trip.

Stay away from trucks living in salted road states. Enthusiasts who know and care for their 2500 GMT900 will be your best bet. Hang on the 2500 Facebook page and post that your looking. You’ll get good feedback.

09 started w/ the 6SP trans on 2500. Take your time and you will be rewarded with patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a car guy my whole life, and bought many car/trucks. There is no possible way that is the accurate mileage. That odometer has been played with, no doubt. I have a 2013 Suburban that was a one owner, maintained with double that mileage....and my truck is near showroom condition and nothing worn! Prior owner had 5 kids which he mentioned after I got there! 5 kids and 6 years of ownership looks new in comaprision to that truck. If I lived close I love interviewing those types of sellers...its always good fun.

Jungle Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Texas is a killer market indeed. I would feel the same about cars from Georgia, Alabama, and so on too. Only bummer with TX is keeping an eye on sun damage (especially with car paint these days) though not as bad as FL.

While the prices are a bit higher, OR (especially West of the Cascades) is a pretty great balance of both little to no snow and low UV.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All those pics but they never showed driver side so are they also hiding excessive seat wear or something else and they dont show the odometer

He may not show the odometer all the time but to be fair he ALWAYS tells you how much the mileage is from the get go. Even if it has 267K miles. If it was not the true mileage [what he exactly says] I am sure there would a lot of complaints online about it. If the seat has a tear he will tell you.

He will also change out the console and wheels if requested and also put the spotlights and push bar back on. Not many people will go out of their way to do all that. He also shows you all dings,scratches and the floor board even if it is in rough shape. If there is a crack on the dashboard he will show it.

If it was me buying I would have him pull all service records and have a independent [or mobile mechanic] check out the vehicle before buying it.

Since he is in Paramus N.J. [I believe that is his location] I would take the vehicle up the Garden State Parkway or I-80 for a ride for about a hour if I was seriously considering buying one of his vehicles. Route 17 is just to congested. The Turnpike would work also.

That is what I would do if I were considering buying one.

All that is just IMHO. To each their own.

As I recall some members on this forum bought from Bob and said he was a stand up guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts