The dreaded flashing Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the negative and positive cable from the battery. Hold pos and neg cable together for 10-20 second.

Just because you replace the o2 sensors the truck isn’t going to magic start running like new again. You have a couple options, if in fact the sensors were the issue. One, using a scan tool, reset the fuel trim values. Two, drive the vehicle long enough for the new 02 sensors to bring the long term fuels trims back to normal.

You gotta give it time if you don’t have capabilities of reset the fuel trims yourself. But holding pos and neg cables together for 10-20 seconds will deplete any power saving stored data.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
autozone wont clear codes any more, least not here. they used to let us take the scanner to the car and do it yourself, now they wont let you touch it.

so went and got me a less then 20 dollar code scanner off ebay. its kind of a must these days.

torque app also clears and reads codes.

11 codes is a lot, all a o2 sensor can trip is about 3. post up all your codes so we all can see the big picture here.

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
autozone wont clear codes any more, least not here. they used to let us take the scanner to the car and do it yourself, now they wont let you touch it.

so went and got me a less then 20 dollar code scanner off ebay. its kind of a must these days.

torque app also clears and reads codes.

11 codes is a lot, all a o2 sensor can trip is about 3. post up all your codes so we all can see the big picture here.

How do i post pictures?

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
Seven pages and no trouble codes posted???

Trouble code was posted at start. P0300 random misfire. Jist got new ones with o2 sensor replacement though, will post shortly when I get the paper

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
The good news is, its only 7 codes! Lol. 4 were repeats. However, these came upon battery disconnect and o2 sensor replacement. Im cautiously optimistic that it needs a run cycle to recalibrate. I will know tomorrow though as I will be putting on good chunk of miles tonight

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made