The 2 Doors are now Tweeners . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
Here's my DD for the last ten years. Found it with only 10k og miles on it when I bought it from the og owner. Put a Whipple on it for some extra oomph from the fairly anemic Vortec. These trucks are definitely on the move, probably getting pulled up as much from the interest in the early Blazers as from the Tahoes, but they're on the move. I've seen some pretty strong #'s on BAT and other places for some of the really clean, low mileage examples.
20170402_082140.jpg20170402_082200.jpgOOJU3434.JPGIMG_3608.JPG

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That supercharger would probably hurt the value some - but that is a really nice vehicle. Probably starting to draw a lot of attention too. Can get a little annoying at the gas pump sometimes. And a really clean machine throughout!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want rare... find one of those 2 doors with the 6.5 Turbo Diesel... And even more rare.. The 6.5 Naturally Aspirated diesel. I miss the NA 2 door diesel I had. I loved how easy it was to work on!

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
Here's my DD for the last ten years. Found it with only 10k og miles on it when I bought it from the og owner. Put a Whipple on it for some extra oomph from the fairly anemic Vortec. These trucks are definitely on the move, probably getting pulled up as much from the interest in the early Blazers as from the Tahoes, but they're on the move. I've seen some pretty strong #'s on BAT and other places for some of the really clean, low mileage examples.
View attachment 387384

So funny story about how I aquired mine, yours is a gem, mine was simular when I found it. Here’s the story:

I hunted Craigslist for years looking for a 96-99 2 door Tahoe. Then in 2006, I found my 1998 for sale for $5,000 with 60K miles. I stumbled across the ad minutes after it was posted. My Tahoe was booking in the $20-30K range (estimate) so this seemed like a stupid good deal.

I figured the ad was a scam, a salvage title, or something simular. But I made the call anyway. Owner seemed very intoxicated when I called him, and I started asking him all sorts of questions, again, I was very skeptical.

Turns out he was a rich dude (understatement) and his wife strained her back trying to lift a toddler into the back of the 2 door. So she got upset, didn’t consult her husband, and went to the Chevy dealer and bought a new 4 door and drove it home. The husband had my Tahoe custom ordered in 1998, so it was $51K new and had every available option for the 1998 year. When you run the VIN number through the GM database, it comes up 1 of 1 like it ever made.

He was pissed.

So he got drunk and posted it for sale. He obviously didn’t need the money, cause when I got there he told me in his slurred speech, “You want it?! Get it out of my sight.” As he looked over his shoulder toward his wife and said “F*cking Bit$h."

Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. Its been a great rig! That's why when I cracked the engine block back in 2017, I popped for a new GM crate motor. Cause I’ve never had much money tied up in this rig. I love it.

my hoe 1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd