The 2 Doors are now Tweeners . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
So many years back when I started looking for a 68-72 Blazer and inadvertely stumbled across a clean 98 2 Door, I had that thought that one day this thing would be a classic. Granted the 2 door was only 8 years old at the time, so in no way was it wasn't a classic by any means; but I remember watching the susequent trucks (enter manufacturers name here) after Y2K were getting lighter, and thinner, and built with cheaper materials; I knew that 98/99 was going to be the last of the "Heavy Chevy's." I guess I've always considered a HC as any truck I can lean against without the fear of denting or dimpling the sheet metal.

Fastforward a decade or so and I've watched the values stay relatively flat. But lately I've seen alot of hot rod places starting to add these into their inventory. I've even seen a few sell and command some pretty crazy prices. Now I'm not in the market of selling mine, I still like driving it and its been a great truck. But about 10 years ago I lifted it, put new wheels and tires on it, new exhaust, etc.

But now my Tahoe mannly sits. I know the 2 doors are in this weird "in-between" phase where they are not exactly classics, but they are definately trending in that direction; hense the term tweeners.

I'm a little older now, I'm in a much better place (financially) than I was when I fist bought it (about 12 years ago). I start it up every week or so and I take it out every now and again, but I'm just not driving it as much anymore but I'm definately not selling it.

So now I'm getting the itch to build it (again), and take the elevation into the opposite direction and making it into a street rod.

Anyone else in this boat or considering something simular?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this just showed in my 'recent media' box

some inspiration, so to speak ;)

dsc-0042.4658

full

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my old one from a few years back. It was flawless and clean inside, and bagged with an air ride setup. I sold it in 2015. My project cars always have to pull daily driver duty, and this one became a pain to live with. The two big problems I had with it were 1.) side glass that leaked and nobody around here would touch it since replacements weren't available in case it broke and 2.) a talk with my insurance guy illuminated the fact that if this were totalled, I could expect about $1500 for it. Someone offered me a good price for it, so I let it go

Pics!
rsz_tahoe_show.jpg

SETruck_213.jpg

rsz_wp_20140524_003.jpg

SETruck_184.jpg

PsychoPimpKiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing something to mine too. It's a 1997 2 door Tahoe that i bought in 2005 and haven't done much to, except for normal maintenance, a custom center console and some 20 inch wheels. It was rust free but has now has some rocker panel rotting going on.
I don't drive it much because of the fuel economy but i love and don't want to part with it.
It's the longest that I have ever owned a single vehicle.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my old one from a few years back. It was flawless and clean inside, and bagged with an air ride setup. I sold it in 2015. My project cars always have to pull daily driver duty, and this one became a pain to live with. The two big problems I had with it were 1.) side glass that leaked and nobody around here would touch it since replacements weren't available in case it broke and 2.) a talk with my insurance guy illuminated the fact that if this were totalled, I could expect about $1500 for it. Someone offered me a good price for it, so I let it go

Pics!
rsz_tahoe_show.jpg

SETruck_213.jpg

rsz_wp_20140524_003.jpg

SETruck_184.jpg
Gotta have it as a collectors car with collectors insurance. All u had to do was buy a shit box for $500, insure it and park it. Tell hagarty that its your daily and they would have insured your 2 door for 20k on the cheap.

David Staines

Reaction score
I think the 2drs are falling into the same category as the SWB trucks. Chevy really seems to have cornered this market with the trucks for pretty much all of the generations. I'd love to have a 2wd and 4wd Tahoe/Blazer from each generation between 67-99. I'd also love to have a SWB from each generation... and every generation since.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just putting the '97 Yukon GT away for the winter. A wash and a chamois. I will let it air dry for a couple days and put the cover on it in the garage. If gas keeps going down, I can park my Ford Electric in the Spring, and get the Yukon back on the road! LolC33A71C7-93D8-424E-B89D-2D72AC937484.jpeg119081BB-FF21-45A2-91DA-A43504DC6A56.jpegC66C5C1D-64CC-47F7-84A4-745BBB4C80C5.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt