The 09 that i wish id never got but now own opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HellBent09six2

HellBent09six2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hard to answer without knowing more about you. do you work one these things? do you enjoy it? have a shop to work in? have you gone thru getting a replacement title before is your state?

if you can get a title and have a place to work on stuff. yeah, totally keep it. pull the 6.2, inspect it, have it cleaned up, drop a 415 stroker kit in it with a slightly over stock cam. throw it back together and enjoy it.

if you don't have a place to start a long term project and some free cash. it might not be the time to take on a big project. everything always snowballs into bigger than you think at the beginning.
Not my shop personally but yes, do have a place luckily and can do the work. I enjoy it til I start cussing and then turn the lights out and call it beer thirty before I bust the windshield out with a matco wrench

I'm on the hunt for another 6.2 this one is wasted and even if I could I wouldn't want this particular one back because I'm strange like that. 415 stroker kit is definitely a solid idea

I absolutely agree with you how everything doubles in both money and time with shit like this for certain. I learned it at a young age. I must have something wrong with me though because I still keep playing the game on things that when done won't be worth anything to anyone but me... lol. Oh well.

OP
OP
HellBent09six2

HellBent09six2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how hard it would be to get it back on the road mechanically and then need to do research on how to get it titled.
It is rough buisness finding a 6.2 for a Reasonable amount out of one of these. Not all 6.2s are alike. The ones from vans,trucks,caddys,etc

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is a perfect scenario to do the …

If you can grab that truck, the option for an inexpensive, direct implant of an L96 6.0 from a 3/4 or 1T truck that’s e85 and runs on regular will allow you to go through the L9H 6.2L in there now.

Obviously, don’t tell them that.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
So…you bought a blown up 6.2 with no title from someone who still had a lien against it? I’d be careful with that…I’m willing to bet it’s in repo status, which technically means you now own a “stolen” truck, as it actually belongs to the bank.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's tough. Is there anything down south you'd be willing to buy and maybe could sell the Suvs you have currently?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Toss a bigger engine + transmission and the ltz stuff in the 5.3?

Inbet you could swap the computer into the 5.3, and the bcm.

You can change the vin in the computer to match the 5.3, but keep the tune and stuff for the 6.2 + transmission.

Even if you just replaced everything, you do have the computer to support the 6.2 hardware...

Still it sounds like a massive pita.

I did a 5.3 to 6.0 swap, it ran fine off of the 5.3 tune, but it still benefited from some adjustments.

That said, i used all of the 5.3 hardware like intake and injectors, and sensors.

Main change being a boost in compression, AFR mongoose heads, and more cubes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lienhold, motor trashed, hope you got it cheap....., unless you know what was owed on it you could be sitting on -20k plus what you paid for it.
interior looks like typical wear, nothing out of the ordinary there.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, run away and forget about the "gem 1 year truck" deal. This thing will grow into the biggest shit show, and IF you get it all done and titled, you'll either love it or HATE it. It's been so abused from what I can see in the pics, that I'd never touch it.

Spend some time on FB in Southern states/cities and find a Denali or Escalade of the same year. Good, clean, running trucks that have all the same options. It makes me cringe when I see people chase a dream on a shoestring budget.......after making a bad purchase to start.

I can afford dumb stuff, but have always chosen to take the more sensible route as I've gotten older. It's way less stress. Once you get to the point you can afford to buy a truck, let it sit for months, restore it, etc without it changing daily life, save yourself the headache. Not trying to be preachy, just hoping to slow the process down for other ideas. Breathe my brother....

Best of luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019