Thanks, previous owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Splorg

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we're at it, has anyone installed the direct replacement cheapo LED bulbs for markers and tail/reverse lights in these, and do they actually work? All they did was blow the fuses in my last work car which was pretty disappointing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all i can say is when it comes to the led bulbs cheap is not the way to go. if you want good light long lasting and proper functionality you will pay good money for them.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
No, it absolutely isn't! I hadn't done much looking, frankly. When I had the misfortune of replacing the headlamp buckets in my last car they were $100+. Per side. :/

The front turn /marker lights are a dime a dozen on eBay with many styles.

While we're at it, has anyone installed the direct replacement cheapo LED bulbs for markers and tail/reverse lights in these, and do they actually work? All they did was blow the fuses in my last work car which was pretty disappointing.

You can't do the tails/brakes without resistors unless you use an aftermarket housing that's plug and play. Reverse and DRL, yes. A lot of guys run JDM Astars.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months ago, I got from Rock Auto, a pair of those front signal lenses for about $7.00 each. Fit great & same as stock. May still be a sale item/price?

Oh, yea..... Like drakon543 he said.... $21.00.

I also have a pair of extra OEM tail lights, when I upgraded mine. They are like new. Black trim.

Just pay USPS shipping..... You want 'em..... Free.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that's not just a cover over the taillights? With a piece of 2 sided tape holding it on.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should take this opportunity to upgrade to denali headlights.. you can usually find them on CL for pretty cheap.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The Denada projectors are a nice drop in and they are available as aftermarket to stay on budget. Run PIAA bulbs for the extra white and 10-15% extra output w/o the extra heat and you’re all set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few months ago, I got from Rock Auto, a pair of those front signal lenses for about $7.00 each. Fit great & same as stock. May still be a sale item/price?

Oh, yea..... Like drakon543 he said.... $21.00.

I also have a pair of extra OEM tail lights, when I upgraded mine. They are like new. Black trim.

Just pay USPS shipping..... You want 'em..... Free.

If he doesn't want those I would love them for my son's Yukon. Both of his have broken when they screw in so they are just fitted in there.