Temporally disabling power running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diceson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone looked into installing a toggle switch to keep the power running boards deployed when traveling? On the 2023 Yukon Denali, you can deploy the running boards but only when in neutral or in park. During snowfalls and slush, I would like to keep them from going in and out and have them stay deployed. Would it be as easy as removing the fuse?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked into installing a toggle switch to keep the power running boards deployed when traveling? On the 2023 Yukon Denali, you can deploy the running boards but only when in neutral or in park. During snowfalls and slush, I would like to keep them from going in and out and have them stay deployed. Would it be as easy as removing the fuse?
I have no advice on how to do this. But I can only imagine that would be an expensive mistake. They definitely drop lower and further out then fixed running boards, I could see a curb wiping them out easily.

I know my OEM boards for my Yukon were not cheap and I bought them used.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 2013, I can open the doors to deploy the running boards, turn off the running boards with the switch on the center console, then shut the doors and have them stay out. The passenger side stays out pretty much all the time as I am tired of jacking around with it to get it to fold in. Iowa winters are tough on the linkages. If I could find a set of OEM fixed boards, for a decent price, I'd ditch the power boards.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can prevent them from deploying in the infotainment settings. You cannot leave them deployed. I’d suggest if you don’t want them going in/out, to set them to not deploy. They are likely more exposed to weather and damage when deployed than when stowed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan